PDA

View Full Version : The red replica sold ?

Stratos-Si
17-02-2020, 00:04
Hi all
Does anybody know if the replica that was up for £69k sold, and if it was, that price was realised ?

ProtoTipo
17-02-2020, 07:24
Hi all
Does anybody know if the replica that was up for £69k sold, and if it was, that price was realised ?

Yes it sold. See here:
https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/5170-LB-STR-Stradale/page2

john
17-02-2020, 08:13
I don't really think it's appropriate to ask what price was realized on a public, or more or less public, forum Si.
Making your own assumptions on what the asking price was and how quickly it sold is another matter.
Sorry if I'm being very English.....

Normb666
17-02-2020, 08:49
I can see both sides of the argument here. On the one hand, I don't see what the problem is with telling people what your car sold for - it's not going to decrease or increase your standing in the world in any way, it's just a transaction, and knowing what our cars are selling for means it's easier to correctly value them for insurance purposes as well as decide upon a price if sale time comes around.
On the other hand, there could be any number of reasons an individual doesn't want that figure to come out....if it was me, I wouldn't care about you lot knowing, but if Leah found out I'd just realised a hefty chunk of cash, then Barbados flights and hotels would be the day's number one priority :) So: no harm in asking, so long as you realise you might not be told.

In this case, I spoke to Gordon (whose car it was) before and after the sale, and he didn't even give me the actual figure he achieved, so it's fair to assume he doesn't want people to know. However, I can tell you that I advised him to ask more for it based on the price of a similar-spec turnkey car from LB, and the long wait should you succeed in placing an order. But he set a figure, and received multiple inquiries - therefore I think it's reasonable to say it wasn't overpriced...so I think you can make an educated guess from that ;)

ProtoTipo
17-02-2020, 09:30
I don't really think it's appropriate to ask what price was realized on a public, or more or less public, forum Si.
Making your own assumptions on what the asking price was and how quickly it sold is another matter.
Sorry if I'm being very English.....

Regarding Tim's Hawk, I don't think I did:

Did you get a lot of interest on Car and Classic?, and where do see secondhand Hawk prices these days?
Obviously without disclosing any actual selling prices.

john
17-02-2020, 11:30
No no, I didnt think you did either Chris.
Obviously we all have a vested interest in values, but I think beyond general discussion on here and advertised asking prices, what is actually paid or received should remain private.

ProtoTipo
17-02-2020, 12:26
It seems lately, sellers have hit the nail on the head with the asking price, and then stuck to their guns.

Normb666
17-02-2020, 14:19
Yep, it's what I've said previously - the cars are being taken seriously in their own right; the buyers have changed - more wealthy(ish) collectors wanting the cars; and the sellers have stopped being apologetic about it "only being a kit car" and have, as you said, stuck to their guns. Not that it's seemed to take much gun-sticking.

Stratos-Si
22-02-2020, 13:43
Yes, I respect that sellers may not want this disclosing. However, as another stated, some may not mind. It can be useful for insurance purposes, and maybe even reassuring 'the boss' that it should not depreciate like a modern sports car would !

john
22-02-2020, 15:24
And I guess some guys might not want the other half to know how much the car has "appreciated " either!��

Normb666
22-02-2020, 17:44
I've already told t'other half what mine's costing and what it'll be worth. She's got the fortnight in the Seychelles booked already...and it also means there's no chance of her leaving any time soon...hmm, could be good, could be bad ;) :)