PDA

View Full Version : Lancia Stratos 2030

LOFT6.6
17-02-2020, 07:25
Apologies if you can't get to this destination, but just wondering what you all thought?
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/lancia-stratos-2030-remake-looks-like-the-new-stratos-all-over-again-141091.html

I'll put it out there - I like it!

Normb666
17-02-2020, 10:04
I think it's part of this modern nostalgia trend. People will look at something iconic, and try to update it in a modern way. I don't mind... it's perhaps an attempt to reconnect with a time "when things were better", I dunno. But if you do this, you have to be prepared for brickbats as well as praise...
I suppose it's the automotive equivalent of a remake of an famous old film - same story, modern production values - or a cover version of an old musical classic. Could be good...could be rubbish...! :)

Stratos Fear
17-02-2020, 11:16
I think the rear two-thirds are pretty neat - but the square front-end rendering strikes a discordant note that jars with the smooth lines behind. (with the 2030 date - it ought to have a stack of batteries and an electric motor as well !)

john
17-02-2020, 12:33
Indeed Peter
Grant Scnapps will not approve.

ProtoTipo
17-02-2020, 13:18
I suppose it's the automotive equivalent of a remake of an famous old film - same story, modern production values - or a cover version of an old musical classic. Could be good...could be rubbish...! :)
'Usually rubbish.
'Flight of the Phoenix', 'Italian Job', 'Get Carter', 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' ('sorry Vince)...