PDA

View Full Version : 2 pairs of X1-9 headlamp motors

AndyH
19-05-2020, 15:14
Hi,

Was tidying up the garage the other day and stumbled across these.. I'd forgotten I had them.

They are supposed to be 2 working pairs, but I've never tested them.

I've no use for them, so if anyone is still using these and wants to take a punt, make me an offer and I'll get them over to you.

Postage on top, but it will be at cost.

Cheers
Andy

john
07-06-2020, 15:37
Did you have any takers on these Andy?
It's just that I've got a box full of them too. Not sure anyone uses them now. Even Hawk builders?

ProtoTipo
07-06-2020, 16:26
Don't throw them away!

john
07-06-2020, 18:33
Easy for you to say! I'm trying to get down to one container!
I just have too much carp which I'm saving on the basis it might be useful to someone! Do you want them?

ProtoTipo
08-06-2020, 07:35
Easy for you to say! I'm trying to get down to one container!
I just have too much carp which I'm saving on the basis it might be useful to someone! Do you want them?

One man's carp ....

Seriously though John, I'll take anything Stratos replica related.
The thing is, if I'm not shifting it right now, it doesn't solve your problem?

Stratie.fr
08-06-2020, 09:02
Did you have any takers on these Andy?
It's just that I've got a box full of them too. Not sure anyone uses them now. Even Hawk builders?

John I just minded recently this question about headlamp motors for new kit like LB STR...What do you use for a build now? MX 5 ones or other modern ones? Not easy to find them!:confused:

john
08-06-2020, 12:57
I would not use anything except the MX5 motors. Lighter, faster, more reliable.
But if you want authenticity the X19 motor has to be used.

AndyH
10-06-2020, 17:47
Hi John, No takers..

If I was aiming to have working pop-up lights, I'd be using the MX-5 options, or just about anything other than these.

As you say if you want authentic Italian "sometimes works", then these are for you.

I will gladly send on to anyone that's interested, but they will soon be heading to the re-cycling container at the Tip. :-)

I was planning on removing what I currently have in the car and replacing with a solid link.. Saves a bit of weight albeit at the wrong end.

Cheers
Andrew

john
10-06-2020, 18:47
Thanks Andy.