PDA

View Full Version : Stoneleigh - Family Fun Weekend 29/30th August

Stratos Fear
17-07-2020, 18:50
I notice that CKC is advertising the above event almost as if it is a delayed National KitCar Show - it is even using a listing of last year's National Show's exhibitors which seems a bit cheeky (list included Hawk and LB). I was baffled by this knowing that Craig wasn't intending to be there this year (even before the pandemic) until I saw a disclaimer in small print at the bottom declaring that it is a 2019 listing.

Surely misleading advertising !

Having said this - it may be an interesting event - and if there is enough club interest we could possibly arrange a Club presence (our Stoneleigh tent booking is on hold currently)

Any thoughts Norm and all other folks ? (I note it clashes with the Supercar Fest at Shelsey)

P

Normb666
17-07-2020, 20:11
Well I dunno how this'll be OK for going ahead, as a large-group gathering. I've totally lost the thread now as to what we can and can't do, but as there's an indoor component (the company displays and parts suppliers), what's the score there? If Shelsley ain't happening, then Stoneleigh surely can't either?

As far as I'm concerned we've already written off any AGM this year so there's no pressure there. If enough people want to go, and it's deffo on, then feel free to get the tent peeps in.... but I can't help feeling they're being a bit premature and they'd be better not bothering this time around. But then, I've not got a shedload of money pre-invested in it!

- Chairman Norm

Stratos Fear
18-07-2020, 14:43
Yes Norm - I also admit to a state of confusion over what is and isnt permitted insofar as public gatherings are concerned. I also didnt realise that the Shelsley Walsh event had been cancelled . Maybe it's one to consider as a possibility for those interested but to be prepared for it to be cancelled .
P

Griff
18-07-2020, 19:13
Maintain social distancing
No more than eight persons, and not more than three households in one group (outside venue)

So it might be a very small meeting!!!

Stratos Fear
19-07-2020, 13:45
Thanks Griff - although it may change again before the event - which is presumably what the organisers are hoping for !

Kenny m
21-07-2020, 15:33
Looks like Stoneleigh cancelled again , it's just came up on their Facebook page.

Guy Mayers
21-07-2020, 17:57
It is. Gerry just forwarded an email sent to exhibitors.. Hope it goes ahead next year and hasn't busted the organisers!

Guy