PDA

View Full Version : Coil Spring Isolator Pads

Phubb
04-10-2020, 17:25
I'm after a set of the rubber coil spring pads for Lancia Beta front shocks if anybody has them laying around.
Thanks

ProtoTipo
05-10-2020, 08:44
I have a whole pair of Beta Coupe front struts and springs. I need the tops.

I've taken the top off one, and the bottom isolator ring has two cracks. The upper one is fine.
I would expect the other pair of isolator rings to be similar, but I've not compressed the spring and taken the top off the other one yet.

I wouldn't surprised if someone else has some of these, somewhere?

I'll take the other strut top off, when I get a minute, and take photos of all the isolator rings.
'Might take me a few days.

Phubb
06-10-2020, 19:16
Well mine are somewhat shot so anything would be an improvement.
This is one on a very long list of things to do to get my Allora back on the road so no rush for them.
Keep me updated.
Thanks

ProtoTipo
06-10-2020, 21:20
Well mine are somewhat shot so anything would be an improvement.
This is one on a very long list of things to do to get my Allora back on the road so no rush for them.
Keep me updated.
Thanks

I think there's a good bit of life in them.
I just need to get the other spring off to be certain.
If the top and bottom spring isolators are interchangeable, it would be best to swap them round, because one seems to have an easier life.

Phubb
07-10-2020, 11:32
Thanks for the update. Let me know when you have them removed.
I'm not sure if the top and bottom are interchangeable but I'm willing to bet yours are in better condition than mine.

ProtoTipo
08-10-2020, 09:19
Here's some photos of the two Beta Spring rubber seats that I had already removed:
They are identical, top and bottom.
I've shown the issue with one, the other is perfect. 'Need a good clean.

Phubb
08-10-2020, 22:16
I haven't removed the ones on my car yet but I can see they are not as good as yours so if you are happy to sell them I would be happy bunny !

ProtoTipo
09-10-2020, 12:37
I haven't removed the ones on my car yet but I can see they are not as good as yours so if you are happy to sell them I would be happy bunny !

You can have them for free Peter.

Phubb
09-10-2020, 13:02
Thanks Chris - PM sent