PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Yorkshire!

richard grant
14-11-2020, 09:39
Hello all
I have just joined to enthusiasts club with a view to Statos ownership in the future.

I race a historic single seater in hillclimbs and sprints which is fantastic but most of the time it sits in the garage due to it being a race only vehicle.
The idea of having something that I can use on the road and for some motorsport, and something that has some soul, has lead me back to the Stratos, again.

I'd like to be able to make contact with a couple of owners who have a Hawk and a LB for a chat and ideally a visit (once we have this lockdown out of the way). I'm based in Yorkshire so anyone toward the north would be great.

Many thanks
Richard Grant

john
14-11-2020, 09:56
Welcome Richard.
Sounds like a good philosophy for having a Stratos.

Longtimefan
14-11-2020, 10:05
Richard, welcome to the Club. There are owners of both examples in your neck of the woods, and I'm sure they will make themselves known to you shortly.

Robin

Guy Mayers
14-11-2020, 11:02
Hi Richard, Craig isn't that far from you so if you can make contact I'm sure he'd show you around once lockdown is done? Just be aware that his order book is closed (full) at the moment. I know Gerry is long way South but it's worth the drive to chat to him. He's taking orders but it's a long waiting list (15-18 months?). However long you have to wait it'll be worth it for either kit and it gives you a chance to research engine options, find a donor, use it so you know it's sound and source the other parts you'll need for either build.
If you don't fancy the trip to Gerry's then you're more than welcome to pop over to Liverpool. I've got a completed (30 years now) Hawk on the road and another part built kit on the ramp. It's all a little tight though!
Cheers
Guy

hollytree
14-11-2020, 12:52
Hi Richard.
I am just outside Skipton, but sorry I cant offer Hawk or LB
I have a NapierSports Corse I
Regards
Steve

richard grant
14-11-2020, 13:37
Thanks Guy & Steve, I'll message you both near the end of lockdown and set something up, much appreciated.
Richard

David J
14-11-2020, 14:22
Richard

I am up in North Yorkshire near Malton. I have an Allora which has been on the road since 1989, again you are welcome to have a look.

I am organising the North Yorkshire Moors and Wolds Drive in June next year, you are welcome to come along. There should be a few Strats on the drive. For more details see my thread in the events section of the forum.

David

Normb666
14-11-2020, 16:01
Hi Richard, good to see you on here after our little chat - and you went the whole hog and joined up...blimey! I'm in the wrong job :)

I'm not a million miles away in Merseyside but no car yet, although I'm hoping it won't be long. If you fancy any of the events, it doesn't matter what you drive - it doesn't have to be a Strat, that's why we're the ENTHUSIASTS club. And if lockdown lifts sufficiently there'll be a few garage days at various members' gaffs where peeps turn up and talk....er....well, mainly sh*te at any I've been to, but it's all a lorra lorra fun ;)

Now, how about a dog-food discount for club members...hahaha! (only kidding.)

renmure
14-11-2020, 19:12
Welcome.

No idea where the dog-food discount fits into this but just incase... sign me up for that!! :)

My LB is still at the factory and isn't quite finished but the wait is worth it.

westonTB
14-11-2020, 20:38
Hi Richard,

I have a Hawk Stradale LHD that is approximately 77.8% +/- completed , it runs, stops and has no exhaust so makes a glorious noise!

We live in the Peak District, feel free to call over when the feds allow.

richard grant
15-11-2020, 11:44
Richard

I am up in North Yorkshire near Malton. I have an Allora which has been on the road since 1989, again you are welcome to have I look.

I am organising the North Yorkshire Moors and Wolds Drive in June next year, you are welcome to come along. There should be a few Strats on the drive. For more details see my thread in the events section of the forum.

David

Thanks David, that would be great to look at another type as well.
Richard

richard grant
15-11-2020, 11:48
Hi Richard,

I have a Hawk Stradale LHD that is approximately 77.8% +/- completed , it runs, stops and has no exhaust so makes a glorious noise!

We live in the Peak District, feel free to call over when the feds allow.

Awesome! Love the idea of the LHD as well. Will be in touch. Thanks.

AndyH
01-12-2020, 16:50
Hi Richard,

I have a Hawk Gp4 square rear wheel arch... Been on the road now for 10+ year. Live near Huddersfield.

Cheers
Andrew

richard grant
01-12-2020, 18:08
Hi Richard,

I have a Hawk Gp4 square rear wheel arch... Been on the road now for 10+ year. Live near Huddersfield.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew
I live just down the road in Denby Dale. Would be nice to make contact at some point.
regards
Richard

AndyH
09-12-2020, 19:20
Hi Richard,
Just a stones throw away.
I'll send you a pm.
Andrew