PDA

View Full Version : Paid Membership twice for 2021

ducatiman
04-01-2021, 20:14
Just checked PayPal account and it clearly states that I have paid 2 subscriptions for 2021..................can someone have a look at this please.

Normb666
04-01-2021, 22:46
Welcome to the Stratos Two-Timers Club. Assume you paid manually as well as having an auto-renew on Paypal! There'll be a few more having this happen as the year progresses, no doubt, but Mr. Treasurer/Membership Man Mark will be along shortly to sort it out for ya. In the meantime, be comforted in the knowledge that the committee will be spending your overpaid dues on a variety of tasty snacks and drinks :)

Marcolino
05-01-2021, 00:24
Jepp, i am a Two-Timer :)

Got this mail, read "expire", had a little panic and of course i paid ...! Hope i will remember my recurring subscription at the end of 2021 ;)

Dear Marcolino,

Your access to the paid subscription "2020 Membership Subscription" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Stratos Enthusiasts Club

Redline
05-01-2021, 12:06
Apologies folks for these double payments. I do try to keep an eye on them but occasionally miss them. Both these have been refunded.

Once they are initially set up, it is PayPal that then manages them and if you are like me, you rarely look at the set-up of your PayPal account (even though you may use it a lot for online purchases). If you want to check whether you have automatic payments set up then do the following:- (This is taken from a desktop, other devices may differ slightly)

1. Log onto your PayPal account

Your intro screen will show you your balance and recent activity. To the left of the Logout button (top right) is a little gear icon (Settings)

2. Click on the gear icon

You'll now see some info about your account. Whilst you are there check your addresses are set up as you wish. If you order stuff through PayPal this is where PayPal allows you to have a number of delivery addresses. Make sure this info is up to date. At the top of the screen there is a PAYMENTS button.

3. Press the PAYMENTS button

You will now see a screen entitled Automatic payments with an option to Manage your automatic payments

4. Click on the View button to the right of Manage your payments

You'll now see those organisations where you have set up automatic payments. If Stratos Enthusiasts Club is listed you are set-up. If you want to see the details...

5. Click on Stratos Enthusiasts Club

You can see all the historic details and there is an option to Cancel if you so wish

We have about 100 members who use this process. The Club Forum Screen, (Paid Subscriptions) where you make a new subscription payment allows those who manually renew to choose to continue under the manual process with an option to switch to automatic payments if that makes life easier.

I will, however, continue to try and spot those double payments and refund duplicates but feel free to let me know if you spot it first.

Happy New Year to all

Mark

shakey5
06-01-2021, 10:18
Yes - I've paid twice as well. I first renewed then subscribed to automatic renewal which I guess is where I went wrong!

Redline
06-01-2021, 11:10
Mike, Sorted.

See note that will come with refund confirmation

Mark

shakey5
07-01-2021, 08:30
Thanks Mark - that was quick!

LOFT6.6
07-01-2021, 08:52
Hi Mark,
Checked my PayPal a/c as suggested and looks like I am on an annual Auto Renewal and indicates (for me) that my next subscription is due on the 23rd Jan for £26.10. Is that amount correct and does it automatically adjust if there is a change in the annual subs?
Cheers!
Ade

Redline
07-01-2021, 11:17
Hi there Ade,

yep, you are OK for auto renewal, amount is correct. If we agree to change the subscription fee then I think we (the Club) can update the automatic payments to accommodate that. I've never done it before and I'd like to think that such a change gives each member a chance to confirm the renewal update or cancel as required. No plans to make any changes at the moment.

Mark

LPH_UK
09-01-2021, 13:32
Yes - I've paid twice as well. I first renewed then subscribed to automatic renewal which I guess is where I went wrong!

I've done exactly the same thing. Didn't realise I was on auto renew. Paid on the 7th and the automatic payment was taken on the 9th.

Redline
09-01-2021, 17:33
Leigh,

manual payment just refunded,

Mark

I've done exactly the same thing. Didn't realise I was on auto renew. Paid on the 7th and the automatic payment was taken on the 9th.

LPH_UK
09-01-2021, 23:36
Thanks very much. Sorry for being an div....

Can you still use the word div?

Normb666
10-01-2021, 12:55
You can use whatever word you like. But don't be surprised at any reaction it provokes or some peeps not even knowing what it means ;)

john
29-01-2021, 21:08
Looks like I've fallen foul of the paid twice trap.

Redline
29-01-2021, 21:38
John,

manual payment on Jan 1st refunded, automatic payments left alone. Next one will be taken on 27th Jan 2022,

Mark

john
29-01-2021, 22:04
Cheers Mark. I'll try and remember I'm on automatic for next time.

Stradale493
20-02-2021, 12:37
My membership is about to expire and I can't tell if it is set up to auto-renew - my PayPal account seems a bit vague on the issue. Do I just wait and see if it renews ?

Redline
20-02-2021, 13:21
Graham,

You do not appear to have auto renew set-up, so you can either renew just for another year or set up an auto renewal from here on in. You make your choice from the renewal page (https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/payments.php)...

Mark

Mark

My membership is about to expire and I can't tell if it is set up to auto-renew - my PayPal account seems a bit vague on the issue. Do I just wait and see if it renews ?

Stradale493
20-02-2021, 13:53
Great, thanks for letting me know.

The Slug
24-02-2021, 15:56
Just for info....

Any change to the agreed payment on auto renew should cancel the auto renew.
So changing a due date, or the amount, will cancel the auto payment and a new one will need to be set up.

Those are PayPal rules not the club and rightfully so in my opinion.
Whilst I trust the Club I would not like that idea to be with some other firms/sites that might change my subs as will.

Hi there Ade,

yep, you are OK for auto renewal, amount is correct. If we agree to change the subscription fee then I think we (the Club) can update the automatic payments to accommodate that. I've never done it before and I'd like to think that such a change gives each member a chance to confirm the renewal update or cancel as required. No plans to make any changes at the moment.

Mark