PDA

View Full Version : Lombard Rally Festival - Brunton Airfield, Northumberland - Sat July 3rd

Normb666
03-02-2021, 18:59
Gang,

Just received this, our first event invitation of the year. Not a totally static do, but not competitive either. Here's the invitation, straight from the organiser's, er, fingers....

"Good Afternoon

I head up the organising team of this event in July and we would like to invite the Stratos Owners Club to attend. The idea of the event is to have a tarmac rally stage on which historic rally cars will be demonstrated throughout the day, with various displays beside it. As the Stratos was such an enormous part of rallying in the period, we would like to offer you the chance to have one of those display areas. We are working on the basis that it is unlikely that spectators will be able to roam freely around the venue, even in five months time, so instead we will have one of our presenters move around the displays, talking to car owners, which will be filmed and go straight onto a big screen in front of the spectator bubbles.

I have attached a Press Release about the event and also an entry form for the stage, should any of your members feel so inclined. Please come back to me if you need any more information.

All the Best

Tim Nash
www.lombardrallybath.co.uk"

We actually passed this place on last year's Northern Run, on the way to Seahouses, and I think nobody missed seeing Bamburgh Castle....anybody fancy it? Hope the attachments, um, attached OK....

Cheers

Norm

Normb666
03-02-2021, 19:00
OK, the two files seem to have attached, but when you click on them they download - so don't expect an immediate pop-up!

ChrisCar6
03-02-2021, 21:10
that's handy. Colour me interested.