PDA

View Full Version : New Stratos Manufacturer in USA..

Guy Mayers
14-02-2021, 13:15
There might be a new manufacturer on the block (in the USA) but I really think it'll be difficult to get it through a UK IVA test even if it is based on a Porsche Boxter chassis...

This one is 10% larger than the original though.

https://hooniverse.com/someone-is-building-a-replica-of-the-lancia-stratos-zero/

Guy

Guy Mayers
14-02-2021, 13:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqeXYtGxVtw

Normb666
14-02-2021, 15:21
Now why would you swap the standard flat-6 Porsche motor for a BMW V12?? Pain in the a*se to engineer, pain in the a*se to subsequently work on. Other than that, good luck to 'em! Just gotta hope Jaguar Land Rover don't take exception and come after them tho. :)

Guy Mayers
14-02-2021, 15:36
Because they can? I'd leave the Porsche motor in there personally. Looking forward to seeing how they deal with instrumentation! It was in a wacky panel to the left of the driver and was all functional on the original!

john
14-02-2021, 17:22
If it was an unmolested Boxster chassis then surely it wouldn't need IVA testing?

Guy Mayers
14-02-2021, 17:43
You may be right but I think It'll be such a heavily modified car it's be unavoidable! Not that the builder is suggesting a production run.

I think any replica of Stratos Zero would end up as a garage/trailer queen. Totally unusable in reality!

Guy

john
14-02-2021, 17:55
I think you are right Guy, this is clearly a one-off.
I'm aware of four people in the States, including one serious replica manufacturer, who have talked about producing a Stratos replica in the US, but nobody has taken the plunge yet.
America mustn't be quite great enough again yet......

Normb666
14-02-2021, 18:02
No, but it does "grate" at times...or it has over the last 4 years

Can you imagine driving a Strat Zero on the road? You'd get sick of people driving into you because they hadn't seen you cos you're so low.

Guy Mayers
14-02-2021, 19:37
I think you are right Guy, this is clearly a one-off.
I'm aware of four people in the States, including one serious replica manufacturer, who have talked about producing a Stratos replica in the US, but nobody has taken the plunge yet.
America mustn't be quite great enough again yet......

They're all afraid of IPR lawsuits from Gerry & Craig....

john
14-02-2021, 20:08
Ha! Yeah, hadn't thought about that.

Fingers
15-02-2021, 03:26
If you search for Casey Putsch on instagram you’ll see more photos. The body is going to be mostly metal, so it just might need that monster engine to push it along.