PDA

View Full Version : AGM 2021 - no date/location yet

Normb666
01-05-2021, 18:08
All,

This weekend would, in a regular year, have been the occasion of our AGM at Stoneleigh. But it's not a regular year, and although lockdown restrictions are being gradually eased, they're not at the stage where large crowds can gather.
I've been monitoring Grosvenor Shows' website for any news or indication of what they're doing, but so far there's nothing. Can't say I blame them, as they won't want to spend money setting things up only to have them binned. Therefore, for now, there are no plans or dates for a get-together, but rest assured that your fave committee-type peeps are on the case and monitoring the situation closely. It may be that we have to organise something purely for the club, rather than as part of a larger event, or depending how things go we might not have an AGM at all this year (again).

Still. Rest assured that as soon as the situation begins to resolve we'll be on it, and there'll be an announcement on here. But just thought you'd all appreciate being kept in the loop, even though there currently isn't any loop to be kept in...if you see what I mean.

Take Care, and fingers crossed!

Chairman Norm

ProtoTipo
02-05-2021, 12:48
Thanks Norm,

I've just had a look at the previous AGM minutes (2 years ago).

Mentioned are:
Yorkshire Run
Northern Drive Out
Silverstone Classic

No change there?

Also, a proposed Stratos shower cover.
'Production of which we have actually achieved (thank again to Robin).
A box ticked.

Normb666
02-05-2021, 12:53
Yeah, it's pretty much "business as usual" really, Chris...shower cover's a success thanks to various peeps, and with luck we should have repro clam catches soon! Watch this space for news on those!

Stratos Fear
02-05-2021, 13:03
On that subject - Recently received my shower cover - and agree it's a well-made item and actually quite good value I reckon at £135 inc postage

Guy Mayers
06-05-2021, 16:29
I believe the Newark show is on for 24/25 July and Stoneleigh for 28/29 August or 29/30 August (Bank holiday weekend) depending on exhibitors preferences.

Usual Covid rules applying/allowing!

Guy

Normb666
06-05-2021, 17:36
Oddly nuff, I was looking on the Show web pages today to see if there were any updates, but nothing doing apart from last year's pop-up msg saying it was cancelled. Where did you see those dates?

Guy Mayers
06-05-2021, 18:27
In an email from Grosvenor to from Gerry forwarded to yours truly.

Normb666
06-05-2021, 18:50
Cheers Guy, reckon that's about as good a source as you can get, then :)

We should be ready to move on any of those dates as things become clearer. We'll have to see about marquee hire too, as our usual provider has stopped doing small stuff and is now concentrating solely on large events. Good to have something to aim for!

Normb666
06-05-2021, 19:16
Forgot to say, I also looked on each of the showgrounds' websites to see what they've got coming up, and no mention of any kit car shows....yet.

Normb666
13-06-2021, 12:14
Latest on this - the Total Kit Car website has a weekly "news" section, in which the 4th June update included the info that Newark was cancelled for this year, but that Stoneleigh was going ahead on the Sat/Sun of the August Bank Hol weekend. HOWEVER....looking on the actual Stoneleigh Show website, it's still got a pop-up saying that "Stoneleigh 2020 is cancelled" which doesn't bode well (and no news on their FB page either). Also, on the Stoneleigh showground "What's On" page of its website, there's no mention of the show. So I'm not holding my breath.... now I've said that, though, watch them all light up in technicolour first thing tomorrow morning :)

Stratos Fear
13-06-2021, 12:39
They will no doubt be waiting for Boris's announcement of a 4 week delay in opening everything up - his announcement due tomorrow 14th. Although August Bank Holiday should be OK I am guessing there is still so much general uncertainty around this whole subject - but the Stoneleigh organisers are going to have to make decision soon !

Normb666
23-06-2021, 19:08
OK, a bit of positive news on this.

The Stoneleigh Kit Car Show website has lost its "show is cancelled for 2020" popup and is now showing dates for this year. Also heard from other sources that they've been told by Grosvenor Shows that it's going ahead. On that basis, we're now looking at securing a club pitch and hiring a marquee for the weekend. Depending on how things pan out for the 19th July lockdown lift, we may or may not be able to hold the AGM itself. Reasoning there is that even if shows like this are greenlit, close gatherings of over 30 people may not, and that means we couldn't have everyone jammed in a marquee for an hour, although I think we'd be OK for people to "pass through" in lower numbers as tends to happen. And of course, the whole shebang could well be given the heave-ho at short notice, so nothing's guaranteed.

So, put it in your diaries and as soon as we get the "lockdown's lifting" word I'll post a new thread on here to confirm. Oh, and I'm leaning to holding the AGM itself on the Saturday, as we usually have it on the first day of the show. Fingers crossed! :)