PDA

View Full Version : 2020 mileage?

Griff
16-05-2021, 07:54
Well I MOT'd the car on Friday, and in the previous 13 months I have completed a grand total of 86 miles in the car. Knowing what I have spent on the car in the same period, it works out at about £12 a mile.

What sort of mileage have others done in the last year? and the cost per mile covered? I'm not surprised at my mileage working for the NHS, there have been periods without a day off, and with the lockdowns there was nowhere to go anyway.

Fingers
16-05-2021, 09:08
Since January last year I’ve done just on 8000 kms. With the only costs being petrol and oil. I’be just taken it off the road for winter to change the gearbox and cambelt, not really necessary but as good a time as any.

David J
16-05-2021, 09:22
I faired a bit better than that, Norm’s Drive in August accounted for most of my mileage being about 450. I may be did another 150 diving about locally making 600 in total. My rough cost per mile is 53p the car has Historic Status which is a great saving so no road tax or MOT are required. The last time I paid for road tax it was £260.

Guy Mayers
16-05-2021, 10:02
874 miles between an April 2019 MOT and the (Covid extended) next one in October 2020, 18 months later. So, not a lot really. Apart from fuel and insurance I think there was an oil change but nothing else done to the car. I don't think I even spent anything on polish & rags....

Guy

ChrisCar6
16-05-2021, 21:29
Absolute zero I'm afraid. A seized front suspension pivot in late summer 2019 led to a winter replacement/rebuild of all suspension, finished in February, so not commissioned last spring what with Covid 'n' shit, then I went abroad until we re-entered winter and lockdown, so it's sitting ready for its MOT and to see how accurate all my suspension setup was, then I can drive it again! If I can still get in it and if I can remember how. Nearly 2 years. Jeez!