PDA

View Full Version : Alfa 12v main bearings caps for crankshaft.

Iowstratos
03-06-2021, 20:57
Hi all hope you are all keeping well and safe.

My 12v v6 Alfa engine rebuild has found another hurdle!
As the engine makes 50hp more than a standard engine, I’m reluctant to put standard bearing shells in.
Can anybody suggest a good source for rally/race bearings shells.

Ian

Strat Fan
04-06-2021, 08:22
I would suggest you speak to AH Motorsport. He appears to have a nice range of upgrade parts for both 12v and 24v.

Can I ask what you have done to the 12v to gain the extra 50Hp? Reprofiled cams, oversize valves, high comp pistons, porting, larger throttle body/ITB's, tubular exhaust, aftermarket ECU etc etc?

Iowstratos
04-06-2021, 21:44
Thanks for the info, as i was wondering if anyone knows were AH gets them from.

The engine was not built by me, but I’m currently rebuilding it as the throttle body veritable potentiometer packed up at just the wrong time, and it over fuelled and went bang in a big way!
The engine has re-profiled cams, ported head, hi-compression pistons, tubular exhaust and an emerald ECU with a ford V6 coil pack.
It may not have the top end power of the 24v but has the same torque and lower down the rev range.

Iowstratos
04-06-2021, 21:46
Thanks for the info, as i was wondering if anyone knows were AH gets them from.

The engine was not built by me, but I’m currently rebuilding it as the throttle body veritable potentiometer packed up at just the wrong time, and it over fuelled and went bang in a big way!
The engine has re-profiled cams, ported head, hi-compression pistons, tubular exhaust and an emerald ECU with a ford V6 coil pack.
It may not have the top end power of the 24v but has the same torque and lower down the rev range.