PDA

View Full Version : Festival of Speed - Strati present

Stratos Fear
11-07-2021, 17:27
Mark and I went along to the FoS on Friday last (day 2 of festival) and parked in the Performance Car Car Park - which is right at the front of the car park and only a 100 yards from the main paddock (but it is bloody expensive - and they do seem to be allowing a lot more riff-raff in these days - BMW's, Audi's and the like. A year or two back it was only Ferraris, Lambos, Astons and Porsches -plus occasionally a Zenith Stratos replica)

Anyway we saw a couple of original Strati - one in the obligatory Alitalia livery and the other a blue Stradale which was almost an exact copy of my car (perhaps that should be the other way round - but actually I didnt copy anything although it is nice to know that mine could easily be mistaken for this wonderful 1974 original car)

The Alitalia car was part of a superb Italian collection of Lancia competition cars from the last 50 years built by the late Gino Macaluso and now forming part of a foundation to encourage youngsters to enter the motor sport industry

It was great day and the weather was surprisingly hot.

LPH_UK
11-07-2021, 23:49
Was there today and saw the cars. The blue Strat on the Cartier lawn won the concours. I really liked the new 037 Evo thing. Sounded great going up the hill too.

Stratos Fear
12-07-2021, 14:03
It's a great event and it was a superb release from the Covid restrictions of the last 18 months. Glad to see the blue car won a Concours prize - it deserved it - it was immaculate for a 1974 car.