PDA

View Full Version : SEC at Salon Prive - Sunday, September 5th

Normb666
02-08-2021, 21:26
Yep, you read that right, that's us (the SEC) at Salon Prive - the rather upmarket concours event held at Blenheim Palace....

I got an email from the organisers a few days ago asking if we'd like to attend on the Sunday. My initial thought was "they've got us mixed up with somebody else" so I fired off a reply to let them know, if they already didn't, that we're mostly a club of replicas. They wrote back earlier to say yep, they know, and they think our cars are great and they'd like us to have a dedicated pitch there. Hmmm....now I'm thinking they've got no-one else coming and they're desperate :)

Still, the invitation's open, so this post is to try and gauge the reaction from you lot to see who'd like to go. It seems to work like Silverstone - you book online but with a club code, and it's £37.50 rather than the £45 everyone else pays. They'll send tickets and a pass for you to get your car in about a week before.

If there's a decent response I'll get back to them to say it's a goer, so stick your name down with car details here in this thread. It's not far off so need to know ASAP, say by next Monday (I'm away at the weekend on the Northern Run).

Flyer attached.....

If it's a goer they'll send us a link to make the bookings, so don't try and do anything yet - just want an idea of numbers.

Cheers!

Norm

renmure
02-08-2021, 21:39
How do you pronounce "Salon Privé (https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18536&d=1627935982)" ... asking for a friend?

STR_Strat
02-08-2021, 22:17
I would be interested Norm, nice and local for me:)

ChrisC
03-08-2021, 16:41
I am also interested as it is also close to me. 2 events in two months, trying to catch up after 10years of build. Hopefully the weather will be a little kinder than Silverstone on Friday.

ducatiman
05-08-2021, 01:22
Hopefully see you all there.................I'm going to be there in the R8.

Karnevil
05-08-2021, 08:09
How do you pronounce "Salon Privé (https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18536&d=1627935982)" ... asking for a friend?

Tzallon Prevay

In a South African accent feining a blocked nose and hangover.

STR_Strat
05-08-2021, 10:36
Hopefully see you all there.................I'm going to be there in the R8.

I don't have a flash daily so will be going in the LB:)

Normb666
05-08-2021, 10:47
I have a flash daily. I've come close to being arrested for it a few times too.... ;) :)

Ken Tomblin
05-08-2021, 11:49
I'm interested Norm, need to fix 3rd gear though !!

Karnevil
05-08-2021, 13:41
I have a flash daily. I've come close to being arrested for it a few times too.... ;) :)

I suspect the reason I cannot just post this pic with no comment is also the reason you have not been prosecuted....................................TOO SHORT!

john
05-08-2021, 16:10

Spike Milligan:

" My name is Fred Fenernackerpan,
and I walk around the town,
sometimes with my trousers up
and sometimes with them down.
And when they were up they were up,
and when they were down they were down,
and when they were only halfway up,
I was arrested...."

ducatiman
06-08-2021, 13:00
I don't have a flash daily so will be going in the LB:)

But you are driving the LB and I'm jealous as I am still building the Hawk..................:(:(:(

STR_Strat
14-08-2021, 06:09
If it's a goer they'll send us a link to make the bookings, so don't try and do anything yet - just want an idea of numbers.

Cheers!

Norm

Hi Norm, is there a link we can use to make the booking?

BT
Dave

Normb666
14-08-2021, 15:35
That's the theory - I dropped them an email on Tuesday to say the club were interested in attending, but not had a reply yet. I'll give them another nudge on Monday.

Normb666
16-08-2021, 17:03
Right, we seem to be all systems go for this one now! Just had a message from the organisers with a web link for bookings -

https://salonpriveconcours.digitickets.co.uk/event-tickets/34829?catID=35899&

Looks like you have to tick the paddock parking pass before you can then go on to tick the actual tickets you want. I guess if you're not displaying your car, you have to book elsewhere on their site as one of the Great Unwashed :)

STR_Strat
16-08-2021, 19:53
Thanks Norm, all booked:)

Normb666
16-08-2021, 19:57
That was quick - faster than a speeding...errr...Stratos ;)

Normb666
17-08-2021, 13:11
Just for interest, got another link from the organisers today showing which clubs will be attending. There appear to be only 17 clubs so we're either in exalted company, or everyone else couldn't be ar*sed.... ;)

https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/classic-and-supercar-clubs/

Of course, our wee description/write-up is the best of the lot. But I would say that, wouldn't I, cos I wrote it :)

ah_sprite
25-08-2021, 09:55
Just booked tix to attend - looking forward to it!

Hoping to be able to stay over the night before, I have a friend who lives locally but not sure if he's around and about yet! B&Bs look rather thin on the ground.

Longtimefan
25-08-2021, 09:58
Tent in the middle of the island just north of Woodstock?

ducatiman
27-08-2021, 22:17
Just been asked the question about dress code for the event...............wasn't sure so checked on the web site and it states casual smart no shorts or T-shirts allowed................I'll throw some in the car just in case though.....:cool::cool::cool:

Bernard
28-08-2021, 07:04
My Dear Boy.... I'm surprised you had to ask !........One does have standards at this sort of gathering..
Bye the bye... no Ghetto Blasters either.... Beethoven Moonlight Sonata will be gently playing in the background..

Stratos Fear
28-08-2021, 20:02
Dont forget the cucumber sandwiches and chilled chablis !

Karnevil
29-08-2021, 07:14
Anyone who wants to go to spectate can get tickets on offer at 2 for one using code ROADRAT21 via the web site

ducatiman
29-08-2021, 08:50
One of the R8 members posted this yesterday after he asked the question about dress code to the event team............so wear what you want...........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Normb666
29-08-2021, 11:41
Yep, it's deffo Hoi Polloi Day. Now where's that yellow shell suit and massive-soled white trainers....

STR_Strat
29-08-2021, 14:52
Yep, it's deffo Hoi Polloi Day. Now where's that yellow shell suit and massive-soled white trainers....

Hmmm Yellow shell suit and blue trainers surely Norm:)

Ken Tomblin
29-08-2021, 17:20
Yes Dave that did run through my mind!!

Normb666
29-08-2021, 18:03
Bloody jokers. Who actually has blue trainers???

Ken Tomblin
30-08-2021, 10:35
Tickets and car booked, looking forward to seeing you there!!

STR_Strat
30-08-2021, 10:59

I guess the same person that has blue wheels:o

Strat Fan
30-08-2021, 21:02
Well it's one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready.....now go Norm go......

Normb666
31-08-2021, 09:23
Not only Dave, but now our very own Alvis Parsley too....be careful what you wish for.... ;)

Strat Fan
31-08-2021, 09:46
Not only Dave, but now our very own Alvis Parsley too....be careful what you wish for.... ;)
Will it arrive in time for the weekend....

Normb666
31-08-2021, 10:42
Craig, if it doesn't arrive in time, don't worry, we still luuuurrrrve you as you are :)

Do like the budgies on that, though.

Guy Mayers
31-08-2021, 10:51
Craig, if it doesn't arrive in time, don't worry, we still luuuurrrrve you as you are :)

Do like the budgies on that, though.

We'll never see Craig wearing Hawk overalls... ;)

Strat Fan
31-08-2021, 12:00
Craig, if it doesn't arrive in time, don't worry, we still luuuurrrrve you as you are
I just thought it would work for you with your blue suede shoes.....

Strat Fan
31-08-2021, 12:00
We'll never see Craig wearing Hawk overalls... ;)
Never say never........;)

Normb666
31-08-2021, 12:14
Hang on, now we're on James Bond??

Normb666
02-09-2021, 18:22
Update from the organisers for all those exhibiting....hope you all get to see this!

Hi,

I know that you have been patiently waiting for the arrival of your staff passes, but unfortunately we have been snowed under with the other ticketing issues. Rather than try to send them out to you now, we have therefore made the decision to have you pick them up on your arrival on Sunday morning.

Staff entry will be through Woodstock Gate from 06:00 (this is the one in the town, NOT the one on the A44). They will be directed to park in the public car park and should then make their way to the Ticketing Booth which is situated at the East entrance to the palace on Flagstaff Square where passes will be given out. If your staff are driving a car which is to be parked in the club paddock, then please enter through Ditchley Gate and then fetch your pass from Flagstaff Square after parking in the relevant paddock.

As with club members’ tickets, these passes will enable access to the Salon Prive lawn, where, as well as all of the spectacular cars, & exclusive shopping, there will be coffee, tea, snacks, drinks and food available to purchase from our contract caterers ‘Absolute Taste’ located in the Spencer Pavilion. There are also a number of bars around the lawn.

All club members & their cars will enter via Ditchley Gate, where they will be issued with their numbered paddock pass hangar and sent to the appropriate paddock.

Clubs wishing to set up on Sat evening are welcome and will not require passes. Please arrive after 5:30pm (entry again will be through Woodstock Gate) and please be aware that there are likely to be quite a lot of people leaving the event until approx. 18:00.

Once more I apologise for this, but I am sure that the day itself will be outstanding.

Best regards

Nick Wilkes

What's not mentioned there is that gates open at 7:00 for exhibitors (us), with the public being admitted from 9:00. So we need to be parked up in our spot by then. They kindly didn't bother with a map of the place on their lovely expensive website, so after a bit of Googling it seems the Ditchley Gate is the one on the bend of the B4437, from where it seems to be a fair old schlep to the display area. So don't break down and hope you can push it there...

ducatiman
05-09-2021, 21:07
Pit stop on the way to the show today.................the sun was shinning and great to catch up with people.

LPH_UK
05-09-2021, 22:18
Strats at 3:05 (briefly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCrkyS0DCg&t=189s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCrkyS0DCg&t=189s)

Longtimefan
06-09-2021, 13:10
Whilst others were Hob Knobing at Blenheim Palace, I was visiting a Lesser Privé in Bridgnorth High Street. These taken after the Crowds had subsided and I could see my car and the other side of the street!!!!!! The comments ranged from 'Bl--dy Fabulous', 'thanks for bringing it, I can now tick it of my bucket list' to 'that's the best car here' !!!!!

(I think our Privé used to be at the foot of our Garden? when I was 8)

Normb666
06-09-2021, 13:15
It was a really good day out, in a great setting, with sun all day after the cloud burned off. Never been to Blenheim before - it's bloody ginormous! Loads to see, to the point where all the Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens etc all became rather blase and boring. We had 4 cars there, the three ListerBells of Dave Evans, Richard Craig and mine (big ta to Craig for driving it down) and Ken Tomblin's Hawk. The response to them from showgoers was fantastic - people loved them, and liked them for the cars they were in their own right and not just as "replicas" - proof that they've finally "come of age" and can stand alongside any other supercar. Great for all those who've got one, and those who've got one in build - you made the right choice! We seem to have caught the wave...lucky us eh?? :)

Normb666
06-09-2021, 13:18
Robin, impressed by your "cordless garden tool" there. Must be the world's most expensive lawnmower :)

Guy Mayers
06-09-2021, 13:35
Whilst others were Hob Knobing at Blenheim Palace, I was visiting a Lesser Privé in Bridgnorth High Street. These taken after the Crowds had subsided and I could see my car and the other side of the street!!!!!! The comments ranged from 'Bl--dy Fabulous', 'thanks for bringing it, I can now tick it of my bucket list' to 'that's the best car here' !!!!!

(I think our Privé used to be at the foot of our Garden? when I was 8)

Parked up next to a very rare beastie there!

Longtimefan
06-09-2021, 14:12
Parked up next to a very rare beastie there!

It was in absolutely immaculate condition, I suspect better than it left the showroom. It was also getting a lot of attention.

Guy Mayers
06-09-2021, 14:45
It was in absolutely immaculate condition, I suspect better than it left the showroom. It was also getting a lot of attention.

And goes to prove how inaccurate "How Many Left" really is... They say there's 3 of all variants left. All currently sorn'd!