PDA

View Full Version : Lewis was robbed !

Stratos Fear
13-12-2021, 12:01
A great race but what a lousy and inconsistent set of decisions by the race director/stewards.

I will still think of Lewis as an 8 times world champion. Max is undoubtedly a brilliant driver and a worthy opponent but the race was Lewis's.

Lancialulu
13-12-2021, 16:49
Made for Hollywood IMHO.

Lets see if Lewis can be bothered next year, or indeed if the Red Bull is a dog under the new rules.

Longtimefan
13-12-2021, 18:24
Purely won on a lot of luck that played into team tactics, not driver ability. Could there be a possibility of other elements in play? Has anybody heard an explanation as to why Perez was retired?

Guy Mayers
13-12-2021, 18:40
Glad Schuey's record remains equalled but not beaten.

renmure
13-12-2021, 18:41
Right winner for me.

Darkspeed
14-12-2021, 10:17
Max had the advantage on tyres and Lewis had track position - Perez showed quite clearly how difficult it can be to pass (even with dead tyres) if you race an opponent rather than the track. Lewis has consistently left the door wide open for Max coming down the inside by taking the racing line - his defensive driving game is pretty poor and Max capitalised on it.

Staged interpretations of the rules at the end ? - the FIA was consistent in its inconsistency.

Luck and tactics - Lewis had plenty of that during the season - the number of times it happened quite astounding.

Shoe on the other foot. and Lewis winning the crown in the same way - Not sure I would be shouting that Max was robbed - and I am not a Max fan or a Lewis fan for that matter.

I wonder what Filipe Massa was thinking ?

Being English - it would be nice to have the record with Lewis - Interesting that the series of events that lost Lewis the championship was started with a bloke called Mick Schumacher !

Stratos Fear
14-12-2021, 13:09
Well it looks like the result - and championship - will stay with Max - but no doubt the outcome will be debated for decades to come. I hope by next season there will be greater clarification (and consistency of application) of the overtaking rules - and the end-of-race rules with a safety car. Luck - no doubt - played a bigger part than strategy than most of us would have expected.

BTW - from tomorrow (wednesday) it will be Sir Lewis - recognition for the great driver that he is.

renmure
14-12-2021, 13:45
Putting aside the controversial decision of the race director on last lap of the last race, which still left Verstappen behind Hamilton ... throughout the whole 2021 season Verstappen won the most points, won the most races, had the most pole positions in qualifying, had the most podium finishes, led the most laps and shared first position for the most fastest laps during the races. Not bad really.

Ken Tomblin
14-12-2021, 15:18
Robin
Out of fuel !!!

Bernard
14-12-2021, 17:06
Robin
Out of fuel !!!

Well its over £1.50 per litre now Ken !!!

Stratos Fear
15-12-2021, 11:14
Putting aside the controversial decision of the race director on last lap of the last race, which still left Verstappen behind Hamilton ... throughout the whole 2021 season Verstappen won the most points, won the most races, had the most pole positions in qualifying, had the most podium finishes, led the most laps and shared first position for the most fastest laps during the races. Not bad really.

Jim - all that is true but it's precisely why Lewis is such a great driver - he never gives up and keeps fighting when the odds are stacked against him. But - what the hell - it's only a race and, of course, a championship - and an environmentally destructive one at that ! Bring on the electric cars into Formula 1 !

Karnevil
15-12-2021, 11:24
Lewis Who?
John Lewis?......................it'll be an organised gang,usually is,it's the time of year............................................

renmure
15-12-2021, 13:18
Jim - all that is true but it's precisely why Lewis is such a great driver - he never gives up and keeps fighting when the odds are stacked against him. But - what the hell - it's only a race and, of course, a championship - and an environmentally destructive one at that ! Bring on the electric cars into Formula 1 !

Mercedes have won the constructors championships for the past 8 years, including this one, and Hamilton is their No.1 driver. I’m not sure that counts as having the odds stacked against you :D

When you look at things like the times in qualifying where the whole field can be covered by a couple of seconds and the top 10 by a few 100ths of a second it shows how good everyone is and how much having your bum in the right seat counts for so much.

Anyhow, at least it was exciting.

Longtimefan
15-12-2021, 15:10
Out of fuel !!!

Hmmmmm !!!!!!??

Neil63
23-12-2021, 19:21
Old news now but I backed Max in 2016 to be world champion this year. Nice trip to the bookies. Booked road trip next year with tickets for Spa (La Source) then onto Zandvoort (Eastside 3).

renmure
23-12-2021, 21:43
Old news now but I backed Max in 2016 to be world champion this year. Nice trip to the bookies. Booked road trip next year with tickets for Spa (La Source) then onto Zandvoort (Eastside 3).

Good skillz Mystic Meg.

Will that be a Stratos road trip?

Longtimefan
24-12-2021, 08:39
Drinks all round then on David J’s trip in June???

Stratos Fear
24-12-2021, 12:04
Well done Neil - great odds but then I would never have guessed it in 2016 !

Neil63
05-01-2022, 20:10
Good skillz Mystic Meg.

Will that be a Stratos road trip?
Hopefully (as Deb with me so might be in her car) but have booked Spa track day and Nurburgring tour in November with my son and his mates which will defo be in the LB