PDA

View Full Version : New Committee Members for 2022

Normb666
01-01-2022, 14:35
All,

Just to let everyone know that we've got three new committee members starting from today.

First is Robin Tyler-Morris, taking on the role of Club Secretary. I've been holding this position since 2018, alongside my role as Chairman from 2019, which didn't sit well with me - although the club rules permit one person to fill two positions, I always felt uncomfortable having these two "jobs" together, as I think the Club Sec should also act as a "foil" to the Chairman. Or you might think it's a sort of Court Jester to the King, but I'm not saying who's who :) Anyway, Robin kindly offered his services and I snatched his hand off...

Next is long-time member David Jowsey, who's taking on the position of Treasurer, after the sad death of Mark Eaton in early December. As you can imagine, the transfer of info here, not to mention change of authority with the bank and PayPal, is a bit of a challenge as we've no-one to refer back to, so I hope you'll bear with us for a bit while that occurs. Mark was also the Membership Secretary as he considered the two closely intertwined, but we've not decided how this one'll work yet going forward, as the priority is to sort out being able to handle the club finances!

And finally, our new Regalia guy is Dave Evans, who's taken over from Simon Panter, whose ongoing illness means he can no longer fulfil that role.

I hope you'll join me in welcoming Robin, David and Dave into their new, non-paying, but endlessly taxing, roles.... The fools.

- Chairman Norm

Griff
01-01-2022, 14:48
Are you tabling a motion as chair? or just looking for a leg up?
You don't HAVE to be bonkers, but it certainly helps........

Bernard
02-01-2022, 08:58
Many thanks to Robin, David and David who have lifted the load from Norm.....

ChrisCar6
03-05-2022, 14:58
Thanks to all committee memebers - we appreciate your efforts. Thanks chaps!

Normb666
03-05-2022, 17:11
If you'd asked me earlier I'd have said it's a thankless task, but that's all changed now :) - ta Chris!

Stratos Fear
04-05-2022, 09:35
Not completely thankless Norm - I also offer my thanks to you and the other committee members - even if we have to put up with your awful jokes!

john
04-05-2022, 15:51
Well I'll offer my thanks too!
I know I wasn't down to attend, but as I tagged along with Frederic for the show I fully intended to come to the agm and then got involved in a very interesting and productive discussion elsewhere, so belated apologies.
To those who have stepped up and also continue to serve the club and its members, Thanks!!
Seeing the stage adjacent to the club area my appetite was whetted for a Norm stand-up gig, but it turned out to be just a band. Rumour has it CKC couldn't afford Norms agents demands......

Normb666
04-05-2022, 17:42
Stand-up?? At my age??? You're having a laugh... no, if anything, it'll be sit-down for me :)

LOFT6.6
05-05-2022, 06:56
Yes a huge well done guys for stepping up, if not standing up ;-), for the various Committee posts. You are generally the unsung heroes of any Club so Thanks from me too....
Cheers!
Ade

GerryA
05-05-2022, 09:17
Yes a huge well done guys for stepping up, if not standing up ;-), for the various Committee posts. You are generally the unsung heroes of any Club so Thanks from me too....
Cheers!
Ade

Couldn't have put it better!
That's a Thanks from me too ������