PDA

View Full Version : AGM 2022 - Sun 1st May 2022, Stoneleigh Showground

Normb666
18-02-2022, 14:06
All,

With the news that the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show is on again this year over the May Bank Hol (1st - 2nd May), and the club's attendance sorted, it's time to announce that we'll be holding the AGM on Sun 1st, at 12:00. Not had the pitch number confirmed yet but it's likely to be the usual spot. We'll have the usual stuff to discuss, plus election/re-election of the Committee, but if there's anything you want discussing or airing then let us know in advance and we can stick it in the Agenda, which will be published nearer the date. You can post it here, or message me (as Chairman) or Robin Tyler-Morris (as Secretary - forum name "Longtimefan").

As stated in the Stoneleigh thread, there'll be no burgers/hot dogs/hot drinks provided, sorry - yeah, I know, standards are slipping - you don't even need to wear a suit and tie to attend :) Hopefully the halls will have a few more exhibitors this time, cos if not, it's hard to see how they'll justify holding it again....

See y'all there!

Chairman Norm

Normb666
18-03-2022, 17:05
Just 6 weeks to go to the AGM at Stoneleigh, and only 22 people have read this....and one of those is me!

Does no-one have any items to discuss? Any complaints, or even plaudits? In fact is anyone planning on going, cos the silence is deafening! I hope a lot of you will be there, cos it'll be very lonely sitting in that large (and expensive!) marquee all on me tod! :)

westonTB
18-03-2022, 21:59
Bad news is I will be there... can't think of owt' to discuss , club/forum seems perfect to me.

Bernard
19-03-2022, 08:44
Just to prove I've read it Norm.... unfortunately I will not be able to attend.....

Just one point... what is the state of the club memorabilia ?... hats, shirts, umbrellas etc etc

Cheers
Phil

ProtoTipo
19-03-2022, 11:18
I'll be there.
Everything is fine with the club.

Normb666
19-03-2022, 17:26
Wahey! There's life in the club after all! - or people's autoreplies are working....

Phil, all the Regalia is with Dave Evans, our new Regalia guy. I've no idea if he's actually sold anything of late, but I collected all the items we had from poor old Simon Panter last April and then passed it to Dave late last year. I believe he was going to speak to Carol, our previous Regalia Queen, to try and get a handle on it all.

As for all being well with the club...well, it is, and it sort of isn't. We're still struggling to get the bank and Paypal accounts transferred over to David, our new Treasurer, after Mark died last December. We've finally got hold of the correct forms (thanks to Mark's brother Paul for massive assistance there... no thanks to HSBC!) and we'll be submitting them to HSBC as soon as we get the required signatures on them. Then hopefully we can pay for the bloody marquee for the AGM! :)

Guy Mayers
19-03-2022, 19:48
Suggestion for the AGM then Norm, two authorised signatories on the account, the Treasurer and the Chairman? Hopefully HSBC would accept either on a cheque payment?

Whilst I'll be at Stoneleigh I'll be talking to potential customers and trying to explain why Hawk are displaying but there'll be a 2 year wait for a kit....

Normb666
19-03-2022, 23:19
Yep, that's the idea, Guy, Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. We'll all be at Phil's garage day next Saturday so it'll be like the SEC version of signing the Magna Carta before the forms go off to Westminster Abbey...or HSBC Liverpool branch :)

ProtoTipo
20-03-2022, 07:41
Magna Carta

You need to know about Magna Carta... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ed8uUTOCw)

Paul Eustace
20-03-2022, 21:33
I am intending to be at the show in my Litton and will confirm nearer the time as I have to ensure child care is available. Cheers, Paul

Stableblock
21-03-2022, 08:28
I am also intending to be there. Hopefully there will be more on show in the halls this year.

Stratos Fear
28-03-2022, 13:54
I'll be there with car.

Also I have information on the revised SEC location - see below. It's just across the road on the corner of the Grand Ring - so not far from our usual pitch. (our last year location is going to be the stage for the evening live entertainment for those staying over on the Sunday evening)

Map :

Normb666
28-03-2022, 15:32
Cheers Pete, that's just the ticket. Well, not an actual entry ticket, but ya know.... Will they be tinting the grass yellow in our spot too? No-one will be able to see my car till they trip over it :) :)

I'll try and get there reasonably early and plant a few SEC flags. I'll only be there on the Sunday, so if anyone's planning on being there on the Monday, maybe we can arrange for them to be picked up then?

Phubb
29-03-2022, 09:35
Norm
Your wheels will give your cars location away :)

Cheers Pete, that's just the ticket. Well, not an actual entry ticket, but ya know.... Will they be tinting the grass yellow in our spot too? No-one will be able to see my car till they trip over it :) :)

I'll try and get there reasonably early and plant a few SEC flags. I'll only be there on the Sunday, so if anyone's planning on being there on the Monday, maybe we can arrange for them to be picked up then?

Neil63
29-03-2022, 15:45
Norm. I am planning to be there on the Sunday.

colleyv12
30-03-2022, 19:35
I'm hoping to be there, move house next week so will be nearer this time, plus need bits for my cobra

Kenny m
06-04-2022, 09:06
Just bought a set of armbands so all being good should be fit to attend 8hrs sailing Saturday so will be there but just me no car yet unless a Skoda Octavia estate counts.

Normb666
06-04-2022, 13:44
Kenny, if anybody asks tell 'em it's a kit car based on a Lancia Stratos. That'll confuse them enough to give you time to make a getaway :)

But, that's a fair commitment to make - both cost and time....no pressure on me to make it a fun and enjoyable day, then :O

ProtoTipo
06-04-2022, 15:56
Kenny, if anybody asks tell 'em it's a kit car based on a Lancia Stratos.

It would have to be the 'kit/production' car that was based on the Lancia Stratos Norm.
Or in this case, the replica of the car that was based on the Lancia Stratos:
'Hawkopolonez' here (https://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/5513-Strato-polonez-from-Poland)

Kenny m
06-04-2022, 19:40
Don't panic guys I'll hide it in the back carpark. But looking forward to getting over.

Normb666
12-04-2022, 14:40

**** AGM AGENDA ****

Gang,

Only two-and-a-bit weeks to go to the AGM at Stoneleigh, so here's the Agenda, as promised. I know the actual AGM itself, where we do the club stuff, can be a bit boring but we'll try and keep it as short as possible. One of the things the club rules stipulate is that all the committee have to elected or re-elected every year, and doing that individually can take a while and get quite tedious. Therefore, seeing as how all the committee are happy to stay on for another year, we'll just have one block vote where we ask if you're happy for the committee to stay in power...sorry, I mean stay in place as is. I'll also ask, first, if anyone has any objections to any particular individual, and if so we can get a vote on that. But otherwise, just the one vote rather than 20 mins of nominate/second/vote on each member. Of course, it may be that someone wants to run for a particular position, and if so, we'll have a vote on that too. So if anyone thinks they can do a good job on the committee, shout out, or say so at the AGM.
As it happens, we do have one position that needs to be filled - Events Secretary, which up to now has been ably performed by Peter Cutler, who actually stood down last year. It's not an onerous job - you don't have to actually organise all the events! - you just get sent invitations from other clubs/organisations/individuals, asking if the club or its members would like to come along to their do, and simply publish those details on the Forum and keep track of them. So if you fancy that, we'd be happy for you to give it a go! (not as happy as Pete though, methinks....)

What else....oh yeah, as stated previously, there'll be no hot dogs/burgers/drinks provided, as we've not got anyone to do chef duties. But food and drink is available a short walk from our pitch, so we'll be fine. Of course you could bring your own butties and cans etc!

We're at pitch 51A - just across from where we were last year. See the attachment for location. See y'all there!

Norm

*** It would seem that the attachments haven't, er, attached as I hoped. The club stand JPG is OK but you'll have to click on the link to open the agenda.....sorry!

Neil63
12-04-2022, 20:47
Norm
I’m happy to give the events secretary role a”go” supported by Mrs B. If we can discuss at the AGM. I have Sunday tickets do you need support setting up / what time ?
All the best

Normb666
13-04-2022, 16:32
Hey Neil,

Big Ta for offering to take over Events. Peter Cutler (former incumbent) will be there so we'll have a chat about it on Sunday, so I hope he doesn't scare you off :) Or, drop him a line on here - he's "Stratos Fear"

The pitch at Stoneleigh should be pretty much all ready for us - the marquee outfit deliver and erect the thing, and then take it down and take it away after the do. All we've gotta do is bring the cars and look pretty....damn, I knew there was a flaw in the plan....

Revs
14-04-2022, 11:46
Have bought a ticket for the Sunday so should see you guys there. Assuming I can get petrol by then :)

Griff
15-04-2022, 08:20
Norm, even if they do dye the grass YELLOW, nobody is going to miss those BLUE wheels!!!!

Longtimefan
19-04-2022, 11:57
Norm, Just to confirm, as I haven't already publicly, I am intending to be at the AGM, fingers crossed, legs crossed, and all crossed up.

Normb666
19-04-2022, 16:46
Looking forward to seeing that....is there a doctor on-site??? :)

Guy Mayers
19-04-2022, 17:09
Norm, Just to confirm, as I haven't already publicly, I am intending to be at the AGM, fingers crossed, legs crossed, and all crossed up.

Classic lift off oversteer symptoms. Gotta learn somehow.

ProtoTipo
26-04-2022, 15:40
I’ve been asked to make labels again.
Let me know if you’re attending, but are NOTon this list:

Norm, CJ, David J., Guy M., Peter Cutler, Paul Eustace, Peter Bennell, Peter Hubbard, Neil Beardsley, Steve Colley, Kenny Mahon, Revs - Richard Hodson, Robin TM, Dave Evans.

I'll sort the proper names out at the time.

Guy Mayers
26-04-2022, 17:47
I doubt I'll be attending Chris, I'll be on Gerry's stand.
Guy

ducatiman
26-04-2022, 18:50
Should be there.........................

LPH_UK
26-04-2022, 19:09
Really did think the car would be done and I'd be able to bring it along....

But next (and please god the last) RR session is on the 12th May. Car not driveable until then.

mariner
26-04-2022, 20:33
Hi Chris,

I will be there but only for Sunday.

rgds Bob

westonTB
26-04-2022, 21:45
Looks like I will have to miss this year... but for a very good reason, hopefully we will be sorting the slightly high c/o issue on Sunday so I can finally send off the IVA paperwork with a small amount of confidence! +/- :rolleyes:

ProtoTipo
27-04-2022, 07:37
Thanks all.
Bob and Andy to add.

Neil63
27-04-2022, 07:54
Quick question. Gates open 09:30 is that the same for the club stands?
Thanks

Stratos Fear
27-04-2022, 10:36
Yes - thats what the blurb says

ProtoTipo
27-04-2022, 11:07
Discussion about the £5 fee by the UK Cobra Club attending the Stoneleigh show
HERE... (http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63983)

Stratos Fear
27-04-2022, 12:57
- yes Chris - that echoes my comments exactly. You have to be pretty tight-fisted to begrudge the organisers a fiver to come to the show - even with a Stratos replica.

Stratie.fr
28-04-2022, 09:27
I’ve been asked to make labels again.
Let me know if you’re attending, but are NOTon this list:

Norm, CJ, David J., Guy M., Peter Cutler, Paul Eustace, Peter Bennell, Peter Hubbard, Neil Beardsley, Steve Colley, Kenny Mahon, Revs - Richard Hodson, Robin TM, Dave Evans.

I'll sort the proper names out at the time.

Chris
I'll be there for the week end and surely attending the AGM:)
See you
Frederic

Basher
28-04-2022, 19:15
I’m intending to come to The AGM
Not sure on the weather!!
its looking a bit damp Sunday

Dave B

GerryA
28-04-2022, 20:49
I have to make my apologies, sorry I can't attend 😟

hollytree
29-04-2022, 19:04
My apologies
I was planning to attend, but have done my back in a week ago trying to move 2 massive coping stone slabs (builder who promised to come failed to turn up 3 separate times) so i ended up lifting them myself and have been in pain and on drugs since.
Physio/msk appointment on Tuesday, but there is no way I can get get in a car and sit for 3 hrs, let alone a Stratos.
Have a good day everyone
Steve

Ken Tomblin
29-04-2022, 20:23
Norm

You have a PM

Regards Ken

P.s. Norm pm. Returned as your mail box appears to be full !!!

Normb666
29-04-2022, 20:27
To all who've updated - thanks a lot, and if you're not coming, see y'all soon. And those who haven't updated, see ya on Sunday.... or I'll be round ;)

ah_sprite
29-04-2022, 22:35
Sorry for the late reply on here, but I intend to be there complete with green machine. See you all there!

tomsredstratos
30-04-2022, 12:49
Sorry I can make iton Sunday.
Mix of family and work commitments.
Hope the rain stays away.

Tom

Griff
01-05-2022, 14:51
Hope it all goes well today folks, and the weather is kind

Normb666
01-05-2022, 20:57
Cheers Griff - 'twas indeed a good AGM, although with just 20 attendees I was hoping for a larger turnout. Given the size of the marquee and what it cost, I'm not sure it's good value for the club going forward, and so we'll be considering alternative venues going forward (which was, actually, one of the topics on the agenda).
Weather was damp, with a period of rain, but there seemed to be more peeps generally at the show than last year, which can only be a good thing. Anyway, watch for the AGM minutes on here, when I can get round to writing them up (and if you're interested!)

Stratos Fear
02-05-2022, 10:45
Herewith a pic. There were 8 Strati - which increased to 9 when Craig and son showed up with a very nice red turnkey customer car. Weather was grey and drizzly - and frankly cold!
Delighted my (blue) Strat got there and back - 300 miles- without missing a beat so that's a good confidence builder. Engine water temp was a consistent 85-90 degrees and although oil temp was sitting on the edge of the red zone the pressure remained good (as I would have expected.) Actually I'm beginning to think that the oil temp guage is just an unnecessary distraction in my car - although no doubt it was invaluable back in the day.

NoCorseChris
02-05-2022, 15:06
Nice tent...

Normb666
02-05-2022, 17:58
Yep. The AGM is just the one day, but the show is two, therefore can we deduce that Stratos enthusiasts aren't interested in the show itself? Or at least, those who have cars on the road?
Last year was pretty much the same, with only Dave Evans attending on the 2nd day. I think if we hold the AGM at a different location, but still have a stand at the show, then maybe those who want to go to the show might spread themselves out over both days....or would they? Hmmm....

NoCorseChris
02-05-2022, 18:40
To be fair, it’s a very pale imitation of what it once was. We only went because we had nothing better to do and it’s only 30 miles away. The weather wasn’t kind either, which doesn’t help. Nor do the ever increasing entry fees. I still think they shouldn’t charge kit car drivers.

Stableblock
02-05-2022, 19:00
Yep. The AGM is just the one day, but the show is two, therefore can we deduce that Stratos enthusiasts aren't interested in the show itself? Or at least, those who have cars on the road?
Last year was pretty much the same, with only Dave Evans attending on the 2nd day. I think if we hold the AGM at a different location, but still have a stand at the show, then maybe those who want to go to the show might spread themselves out over both days....or would they? Hmmm.... I think you are probably right Norm. I dont think I would have gone if it wasnt the AGM/ there were some Stratos replicas to see. It was better than last year but not a patch on the old days, .....yawn, yawn, anorak time.

Peter

ProtoTipo
03-05-2022, 07:34
I'd be happy if I never went to a kit car show again.

Stratos Fear
03-05-2022, 10:17
what a grumpy lot of old b****** s you are !

However I agree that the Show was disappointing and maybe we should look to do something different next year - and Gaydon does sound like a possibility. Maybe we could hire a large room, hold the AGM and have a buffet laid on as well . This probably wouldnt cost more than the hire charge for the marquee - and it would be inside, dry and warm !

ProtoTipo
03-05-2022, 11:07
what a grumpy lot of old b****** s you are !

My interest in kit cars has always started and finished with the Stratos, and our club's involvement with that particular show.
I'm far more interested in the original Stratos and other rally cars of that era. So shows like the NEC Classic Car show and Race Retro are more my thing.
The National Kit Car Show is fine, if you like that sort of thing.

One good thing about the Stoneleigh show was how 'set in stone' it has become over a long period. There are always other AGMs in tents going on at the same time as ours.
The Stratos Replica Club (as it was) used to hire a room in the complex opposite the main halls, for the AGM.

ProtoTipo
03-05-2022, 11:23
Shall I find out from Gaydon what might be possible?:
https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/plan-your-visit/car-club-visits/car-club-rallies-and-larger-gatherings
They have conference room/AGM facilities.

I don't think they have an established rally car orientated weekend. Maybe a co-promoted show with some of the clubs that used to attend the Chatsworth Rally Show back in the day?
Alpine-Renault, Sunbeam/Avenger, Ford RS, other Lancia clubs, Audi Quattro clubs etc.?

Stratos Fear
03-05-2022, 13:42
I've just looked at the Gaydon website and it looks interesting - more relevant than I had expected. Maybe we could tie it all up with a Stratos run-out into the local countryside - and make it more of an event in it's own right. Just a thought !

ProtoTipo
03-05-2022, 14:05
I've just looked at the Gaydon website and it looks interesting - more relevant than I had expected. Maybe we could tie it all up with a Stratos run-out into the local countryside - and make it more of an event in it's own right. Just a thought !

I'm with you on that Peter.

Normb666
03-05-2022, 14:47
I looked at their website last week (not in any detail though) and they do cater for club meets and AGMs, will also provide food, and you can get a suitably-sized room. The other good thing is that there's something else to do/see besides the AGM itself and the members' cars, and it may be that the fact we're doing and going somewhere different could tempt people to attend. I say let's investigate further - Chris, if you could do the biz and report back, without committing us to anything yet, that'd be great.

If this comes off, it doesn't mean we're giving up on Stoneleigh. It's only the AGM that we're relocating.

Normb666
03-05-2022, 14:50
And while I'm here.....the AGM minutes.

Revs
03-05-2022, 15:21
Apologies for not showing, on the day I just didn't feel up to the drive.

- yes Chris - that echoes my comments exactly. You have to be pretty tight-fisted to begrudge the organisers a fiver to come to the show - even with a Stratos replica.

I agree, I had purchased tickets in advance and I must say the cost of those wasn't even on my radar (even with a second ticket for the wife). Having said that, eg Rallyday is more expensive but there is 10 times as much to see (for me) so feels better value.

Longtimefan
03-05-2022, 18:22
I'd be happy if I never went to a kit car show again.

Similar sentiments Chris, but what a sad reflection that this situation has come to pass to make us feel like that.

Longtimefan
03-05-2022, 19:07
Out of interest on this subject, as some know I dashed off to catch up with my wife Carol who was at at the Ecurie Cod Fillet luncheon that was being held at Gaydon, in one of the function rooms, which was available to them Noon to 16.30, with coffee and tea provided all day. The lunch consisted of a main course and suite for £20, Steak Pie with vegetables, Sticky Toffee pudding with Sauce and Cream was chosen for the suit, all served in a buffet fashion. Unfortunately I only made it for a Coffee. It also included a pass to gain entry to the Museum.

I will check with the organiser in the next week or so to see if there was any other costs that were involved.

Another possibility in a fairly central location that has rooms etc., to hire and will do catering is the National Memorial Arboretum. It has adequate parking. We are going to something of a similar nature there on Monday next, although the numbers are likely higher than we would expect to have, so will do a bit of investigation whilst there.

As has already been commented, it may be attractive to a number of other members and help with attendance at the AGM if the location is changed with other attractions.

Hon Sec Robin.

ProtoTipo
03-05-2022, 19:46
Similar sentiments Chris, but what a sad reflection that this situation has come to pass to make us feel like that.

No Robin,
I've honestly felt that that for years. It's nothing new.
The club's AGM is always the overriding reason to visit Stoneleigh, with the bonus of visiting the Stratos kit manufacturer's stands.
You're not going to get the latter at a different venue.

Karnevil
10-05-2022, 21:08
I though I read on here a comment about the Calendar and quantity we had to purchase,tougue in cheek I know but...............Do we own the SEC facebook page?
If yes once paid up members had preordered theirs then they could be sold on Facebook.
Just a thought.

Stratos Fear
14-05-2022, 11:21
Subject to legality on the web-site sounds like a good idea to me - but probably a bit late now for any residual 2022 stock?