PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Stratos for sale

Steve65
21-07-2022, 18:52
There's a genuine Stratos up for auction by Sotheby's California. Been used for road/circuit racing for most of it's life so assume it will have its competition rating (not sure if that would be valid in UK ).... should anyone have a spare ?0.5m .
Link below (no connection to vendor)

https://silodrome.com/lancia-stratos-hf-race-car/

Steve

renmure
21-07-2022, 20:51
Too much of a Garage Queen for me. I prefer things that look like they've been used and abused a bit more so..... I'm out!

Normb666
21-07-2022, 20:59
So go on then Jim, tell me about your Wendy.....

(yes, it's a very tasteless joke, but as you all know I have no taste :) )

renmure
21-07-2022, 21:11
So go on then Jim, tell me about your Wendy.....

(yes, it's a very tasteless joke, but as you all know I have no taste :) )

Haha :D

I'm not going there..... however... (true story) .. on our 1st date she drank too much raspberry wine and, while walking around my garden to sober up, she threw up over one of my German Shepherds. Classy Burd. Knew she was a keeper at that point :D

Bernard
22-07-2022, 07:24
Really interesting history with this car...... big question......... Nut and Bolt Renovation or preserve in original condition with just a good clean (maybe not even clean) ?

ProtoTipo
22-07-2022, 07:35
Really interesting history with this car...... big question......... Nut and Bolt Renovation or preserve in original condition with just a good clean (maybe not even clean) ?

The latter.
The existing CF car was resprayed in a colour scheme it never had in period. A terrible thing to do.

Steve65
22-07-2022, 09:00
I agree with you Chris. Assuming it doesn't look like an absolute shed preserving the patina should be preferable however if the buyer thinks a restoration would make a better investment it must be tempting. Alternatively it would be great to see it back in action which would undoubtedly require some 'upgrades' to meet current requirements.

Bernard
23-07-2022, 08:00
FWIW I would do the latter..... just a clean !...... Patina is all too often overlooked IMHO.
Although I have just done a nut and bolt job on a Fiat.... it had no "history" at all and there are plenty around ....

ProtoTipo
23-07-2022, 08:39
it had no "history" at all and there are plenty around ....

Your Spider had some interesting spiders though...:D

Bernard
24-07-2022, 07:22
Your Spider had some interesting spiders though...:D

It did indeed.. !!!!... well remembered !!......... it had a couple of Brown Widow nests !....

rutthenut
25-07-2022, 19:59
Agree on the 'patina', that's what my car has ;)

That US car has race number 77, which was the number I used when racing (a decade or two before Bottas chose it for his F1 car), so someone should buy the car for me...

Guy Mayers
25-07-2022, 20:23
so someone should buy the car for me...

I'm sure Christine would buy it for you John?

rutthenut
27-07-2022, 19:11
I'm sure Christine would buy it for you John?
Hmm, I think not!