PDA

View Full Version : Visitor Guest access

colleyv12
20-10-2022, 08:23
I have disabled a lot of the guest access as we have been receiving a lot of notifications looking like someone trying to exploit the code on the forum

Will evaluate later whats needed to be done

Hopefully members shouldn't notice any difference logged in

Regards Steve

Stableblock
20-10-2022, 08:41
Thanks for your vigilance, Steve.

Normb666
20-10-2022, 11:59
Cheers Ste, dunno what the answer to guest access is. I know we get a lot of guests signed in at any time, but how do you tell which of those are people just having a quick nose around before they join, and which are those who're too tight to stump up the ?26 membership fee and make use of the forum for nowt? As well as those such as you've highlighted who wish to engage in nefarious practices....

ProtoTipo
02-11-2022, 12:19
What access does a 'Free User' have on this forum?

I've got someone from Slovenia asking me something, and I've not got a clue who they are.

Longtimefan
02-11-2022, 15:15
What access does a 'Free User' have on this forum?

Chris, that's something that I like to know more about, something for discussion in a quite moment at the Show next week, if we get one. !!!!!!

Darkspeed
02-11-2022, 15:45
Free user you still have to register - then you have access to the open parts of the forum - Chit Chat - World Forums - Stratos Category - which has the For Sale section - Hello just joined - Club news - You also get a limited capacity mail box - which is where your free user can send you a PM.

colleyv12
02-11-2022, 16:00
I am reinstating the guest access but without the search function to start with, still get some collation errors from overseas login attempts, but a lot quieter

With regards to the Free users, it is two fold, the group has permissions regarding creating posts, blogs, events etc, and PM ability, but each area in the forum, website discussion, for sale, club news are also limited based on if you are a free registered user, or paid up registered user

There are a lot of individual settings for each type of user, then we have moderators, administrators, banned users etc

ProtoTipo
02-11-2022, 16:50
Thank you, Andrew, Steve.

manta356
07-10-2023, 20:56
i've just logged on after a long absence from the site .
Would my account be suspended as i can't access a lot of the sections

Longtimefan
08-10-2023, 10:59
Free users cannot access all areas.