PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - X1/9 Headlamp motors

ah_sprite
27-12-2022, 12:24
Hope everyone's had a good Christmas!

My pal Reg Barker, who isn't at all computer literate, has a late 80s Litton. He's been having issues with one of his headlamp motors continually cycling. I've just found all the details on the forum about replacement diodes etc (and also seen that DG Rally supply them), but unsure if that'll be the issue or not.

He uses the car almost daily so needs a solution sooner rather than later - does anyone have a half decent pair of headlamp motors (or just a LH unit) that they'd be willing to let go of? He's also gathering as many spares for the car as he can so he'd like a couple regardless. No idea what their value is - not many people use them any more, I suppose!

Fire me an email or a PM if you might be able to help!

Cheers
Richard

sean999r
27-12-2022, 13:24
i have a pair of motors from 84 X1/9 i'll be using MX5 motors

Guy Mayers
27-12-2022, 13:50
That's a name for the very very early days of the club!

Whilst not a permanent solution you can just disconnect the power feeds to the motor and wind them to the up position with the knob on the bottom?

Is it possible that the electrical tracks have got contaminated too? Make sure that any motors supplied come with the crank arms, there are a couple of sizes.

Guy

ah_sprite
11-01-2023, 21:57
Thanks to those that replied, much appreciated. I've managed to sort a solution.

Guy - yes, that's exactly what I suggested he did, and that kept him happy in the meantime. '

I think Reg built his Litton in '88 or '89 and it has been in regular use since then. Converted in the 90s to Alfa V6 power. He must be close to having the award for longest ownership of a Stratos rep!

...As you can see, it's a 2:1 scale replica, and he's a 12ft giant!

Guy Mayers
11-01-2023, 22:10
Reg was building at the same time as myself! I think Vince Abbott and Phil Jordan may be longer term owners though!