PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Brysherexx
03-01-2023, 21:08
Hi,
I have just joined after being a fan for many years, I now own a late eighties transformer and hope to start the rebuild in the next few months.
The car was mid way through a V6 transplant and round arch conversion when the project stalled, just need to free up some space by moving on some of the motorbikes and other kitcars before I start the new quest.

Stradale493
03-01-2023, 21:56
Welcome to the forum

gtmpaul
03-01-2023, 22:57
Bit odd, this post is a direct lift of my first ever post in 2013?

NoCorseChris
04-01-2023, 08:33
It is too! Literally word for word copy-paste.

Strange indeed….

Longtimefan
04-01-2023, 08:41
Hi,
I have just joined after being a fan for many years, I now own a late eighties transformer and hope to start the rebuild in the next few months.

Hi, Gary, welcome to the Club.

I see that Guy has posted a response to your question, and outlined the basic differences between the Marque’s, but if you want to have access to the build threads and discussions that will be invaluable to you in the process of a rebuild/refurbishment, you need to be a full member by paying the small annual fee which will give you access all areas of the forum.

Stratos Fear
04-01-2023, 10:58
It is too! Literally word for word copy-paste.

Strange indeed?.

- sounds like Mr Brysher isnt who he says he is !

Guy Mayers
04-01-2023, 12:13
All very suspicious - what's the intention?

Griff
04-01-2023, 14:30
Maybe it's a miss spelling, Mr B*llsh****r?

David J
04-01-2023, 17:06
Hello I have just joined ?? !!!. I have not received a confirmation from PP that a payment has been made.

Normb666
04-01-2023, 17:29
Guys, it's Chairman Norm here.

I've had communication from a couple of members who're concerned about our latest (free user) member. Doing a "cut and paste" of someone else's introductory message from years back isn't the brightest thing to do, and immediately and understandably sets alarm bells ringing. And then replying to someone's "wanted" post by asking them to email someone else entirely just compounds things.
But I'm a reasonable guy, and I believe in giving people a chance, so Gary, if you're a genuine fella - post something on here please, and explain what's going on. Otherwise we have to assume you're a scam artist. Fair nuff?

Cheers!

VeloceWhippet
04-01-2023, 19:12
Guys, it's Chairman Norm here.

I've had communication from a couple of members who're concerned about our latest (free user) member. Doing a "cut and paste" of someone else's introductory message from years back isn't the brightest thing to do, and immediately and understandably sets alarm bells ringing. And then replying to someone's "wanted" post by asking them to email someone else entirely just compounds things.
But I'm a reasonable guy, and I believe in giving people a chance, so Gary, if you're a genuine fella - post something on here please, and explain what's going on. Otherwise we have to assume you're a scam artist. Fair nuff?

Cheers!

I was also contacted by the new user via PM about a Cavis Switch that I was trying to find.

Have you checked with leftman via aleftwich22@outlook. com .He has a Cavis Rocker Switch he wants to part with.

I figured "leftman" was a member here, so I sent an email to the address that was provided. I got a response the next day which was "Nope, sold". I checked the members list and there is no leftman.

Normb666
04-01-2023, 20:59
Well that's no way to fleece someone out of $5. Very amateurish.

So maybe he's genuine, although it seems an odd way to do things....if Lefty has a pile of bits to shift, better to list them in the For Sale section? But what do I know - I just like an easy life.

Gary - you're not in the clear yet - still on probation! :)

colleyv12
05-01-2023, 22:15
I have placed a ban on the user posting as the email comes up.with history of scams and non supply of goods, if I'm wrong I can lift the ban

Regards Steve