PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Beta gear shift parts

ProtoTipo
23-01-2023, 11:21
Wanted:

Hawk Beta gear linkage parts.
I've got some, which I'll post a photo of, when I get a minute.

ProtoTipo
23-01-2023, 12:48
Circled in red are the parts I'm short of: I have asked Gerry if he has anything.

It looks like I've got some Hawk 164 linkage parts surplus (see attached)

Guy Mayers
23-01-2023, 15:25
Sorry Chris - I don't have any of those parts available from Beta days! And that includes today obviously!

If you end up having to fabricate from scratch I'd be tempted to do away with the plastic bushes altogether. Weld some threaded tube to the chassis and fit a pair of rose joints instead. The diagonal part of the shift mechanism fits in-between them with a pin at the bottom and a nut welded to the rod at the top, secured with a bolt. It's much stronger. Both myself and Ian Gear suffered sheared bolts at the bottom of the linkage in our Beta days and I kept the upgraded design when I converted to Alfa V6. It's still on the car if you want to see it some time.

Sadly, the Beta I just acquired doesn't have a spare gear linkage!

Guy

ProtoTipo
23-01-2023, 15:37
Sorry Chris - I don't have any of those parts available from Beta days! And that includes today obviously!

If you end up having to fabricate from scratch I'd be tempted to do away with the plastic bushes altogether. Weld some threaded tube to the chassis and fit a pair of rose joints instead. The diagonal part of the shift mechanism fits in-between them with a pin at the bottom and a nut welded to the rod at the top, secured with a bolt. It's much stronger. Both myself and Ian Gear suffered sheared bolts at the bottom of the linkage in our Beta days and I kept the upgraded design when I converted to Alfa V6. It's still on the car if you want to see it some time.

Sadly, the Beta I just acquired doesn't have a spare gear linkage!

Guy

Thanks Guy,
'Not to worry. I've never had a problem on the two Hawks I've owned.
'Looks like I've got some bushes now, but using rose joints for those two joints had crossed my mind.