PDA

View Full Version : Stratos for sale

Stratos Fear
30-03-2023, 09:56
It is with regret that I am now advertising my car for sale on the Lister Bell website.

This has been a difficult decision after a 6 year build but I am now at an age where faculties and health are diminishing and there are still a few things that I wish to do while I am able - including travel.

So you can see the details on Craig's website - and I shall be looking for a little more than Gordon achieved with his car but not as much as the Norwegian car !

I shall be continuing to enjoy it for as long as I have it and will try to join in with as many events as I can until it is sold (starting with the Southern get together at the Italian Car Day at the Departure Lounge in Alton, Hants this coming Saturday)

Peter C

ProtoTipo
30-03-2023, 10:47
'Sorry to see this Peter,
I'm hoping the build was part of the fun, because you've hardly run it in?

Stratos Fear
30-03-2023, 12:01
Yes Chris that's true - now that we've made the decision to sell I'm going to have to be careful I dont clock up a lot of mileage - but the build was tremendously satisfying and could be tempted to do another (cheaper) kit or a classic

Stratie.fr
30-03-2023, 16:08
Sorry to know that Peter :(
Good luck with the sale!!

john
30-03-2023, 16:45
Hi Peter, sorry to hear the news but fully understand your reasoning.
Maybe an appearance at the Italian Car Day with a for sale sign in the window will be all it takes.
I've found your honest and informative build blog most useful and I'm sure if you are leaving us that will remain here and go on to prove inspirational to many more folk yet.
Good luck with the sale and yes, why not, there are many smaller projects out there yet to be completed which are looking for someone with your determination to complete them.

Stratos Fear
30-03-2023, 19:13
Thanks John and thanks Frederic for your kind remarks - I hope to be around for a few more weeks yet - although interestingly I had a contact immediately the post went live - so we will see!

Peter

renmure
30-03-2023, 22:25
Golly... that's a bit out of the blue!

Good luck with the sale tho. I'm sure you'll not have any bother.

LPH_UK
31-03-2023, 13:38
Wasn't expecting to read this!

But sometimes you've got to do these things.

Good luck with the sale.

LOFT6.6
31-03-2023, 14:28
Hi Peter. Yes a bit of a shock for us all and I'm sure it was not a easy decision for you to make!
However, none of us are getting any younger and other considerations definitely come into play. Best of luck with your sale and don't sell yourself short.
Cheers!
Ade

westonTB
31-03-2023, 20:50
A brave decision, hope it all goes well & I am sure if you ned a 'fix' then there should be plenty of folk on here to give you a run out in one form of Stratos or another.

Next time I am down your way, you are welcome to come for a spin (hopefully not an actual one:rolleyes:) in the Hawk.

Stratos Fear
01-04-2023, 16:21
Thanks guys _ i hope to be around for a week or two yet and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

P