PDA

View Full Version : Original Steering Wheel?

VeloceWhippet
30-05-2023, 14:43
Is this correct and reasonably priced?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185882105480

ProtoTipo
30-05-2023, 16:52
Is this correct and reasonably priced?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185882105480

The steering wheel is correct.
The horn button is almost identical to the original horn button in every way. Apart from having one of Ferrero's corporate logo, rather than the Lancia script.
This style of Ferrero steering wheel has a very small horn button hole (41mm diameter). Only that type of horn button will fit. This is why quite a few OE Stratos steering wheels have had the horn button hole enlarged (usually in a very ham-fisted way) to the larger MOMO horn button fitment.
The price is silly, as usual, but you can make an offer.

That horn button would be perfect reference for 3D printing. I have already drawn the Lancia script for the Stradale horn button. Unique to the button.

VeloceWhippet
13-06-2023, 22:20
Well, I've gone and bought it. My offer must have been reasonable. and it came with free shipping to the US and a tee shirt.
A very easy transaction between individuals that don't speak each other's language (gotta love those translation apps).

ProtoTipo
14-06-2023, 07:14
Well, I've gone and bought it. My offer must have been reasonable. and it came with free shipping to the US and a tee shirt.
A very easy transaction between individuals that don't speak each other's language (gotta love those translation apps).

Brilliant!
I'd be interested in measurements and photos of the horn button.
The thing to do would be to put the Ferrero 'thumbs up' logo'd push part to one side and make an exact size/shape replica with the LANCIA logo. I've drawn the artwork for that.
Or just rebadge the existing one, but it would be a shame to loose an original part in the process.

VeloceWhippet
15-06-2023, 13:56
I definitely wouldn't modify the original horn button, but a "LANCIA" replica would be nice to have.
I can take some detail photos and measurements. But I'm also willing to loan the horn button to you. I believe I have your address from when I bought a shifter knob not too long ago.
Jeff

ProtoTipo
15-06-2023, 16:17
I definitely wouldn't modify the original horn button, but a "LANCIA" replica would be nice to have.
I can take some detail photos and measurements. But I'm also willing to loan the horn button to you. I believe I have your address from when I bought a shifter knob not too long ago.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Yes, 'same address. I'll PM you, just to be sure.
If you loan me the whole horn button, I will make you a Stradale Lancia badged centre push free of charge. Thanks very much for doing this.