PDA

View Full Version : Nitron Dampers

GrahamH
31-01-2012, 00:06
Chaps

Please take a look at the dampers from Nitron in my gallery.
Rears are designed by me and fronts are standard units.
Rears have adjustable camber plates to cater for various tyre options and as well as adjustable platforms
they also have adjustbale body heights which is a great feature. Front and rears are two way adjustables with remote canisters

Ride heights are designed for Hill climb car at just over 5".

Also I now have a complete CAD mdoel of the chassis and suspension. When I have a bit more time I will be taking a good look at the suspension geometry and probably tweaking pickup points on the car.

If I can help with any info let me know.

Plan for the future is also revised alloy rear upright, new front hubs and new proper group 4 wheels studs front and rear. Just a start but enough to do as it is!

Cheers

Graham

BAS
31-01-2012, 00:18
Any chance of an Autocad dwg or dxf file of the chassis? This would be very useful for fabricating parts.

Monte76
31-01-2012, 01:12
Very nice Graham, thanks for sharing, your damper units look superb. I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the current suspension geometry and what you eventually come up with as an alternative for your particular application.

I know it's still early days but have you got a colour scheme for the body in mind?

Vince.

ProtoTipo
31-01-2012, 11:20
Nitrons!...

So some of us can keep up with Elises?

GrahamH
02-02-2012, 12:42
Hi Vince

No not decied on colour yet, thats as some know can be the most difficult decision of the build. Can you recommend a good painter for GRP and soemone whos good at stripes? also is you simpson exhaust stainless? Could they build the same for me or do you own the design for it? would like an idea of cost if your OK with that, email me privately.

Thanks

GrahamH
02-02-2012, 12:44
Hi, dwg and dxf are 2d drawing file formats and would be of no real use to you. I'm happy to provide these but they will not be fully dimensioned and difficult to create 3d fab parts from.

BAS
02-02-2012, 13:29
Hi Graham,

What CAD system are you using, I'll see of the native format will import. I'm using Full Autocad 2011 (not LT) so 3d is not a problem.

GrahamH
02-02-2012, 14:26
Hi I'm using Catia, Think I can export IGES or STEP which is 3D data. any use?

BAS
02-02-2012, 19:36
Hi Graham

I've been told that Acad 2012 will import these files. I'm running 2011 but I have the 2012 update so this gives me good reason to install it and have go!
If you could send both file types I'll see if it works. I've not come across Catia before.

Cheers
Brent.

GrahamH
03-02-2012, 15:44
Hi Brent

Will send both file types to try, may be a few days till i can sort as just had knee surgery so laid up a bit.

Thanks

Graham

BAS
03-02-2012, 18:08
Thanks Graham,

No rush, I still need to get IT to load the software. It'll be interesting to see how it translates.
Get well soon.

Regards
Brent.

BAS
04-05-2012, 00:16
Hi Graham,

Any chance of sending the 3d files, I've now got the Autocad update and the model will help with the front splash panel drawing that I'm doing.

Cheers
Brent.

GrahamH
07-05-2012, 10:47
Hi Brent will do , can you send me your address via PM may have to cut a cd if the files too large to email.
Cheers
Graham

BAS
07-05-2012, 18:59
Thanks Graham.

PM Sent.

Regards
Brent.

GrahamH
11-04-2013, 14:40
Hi Nito,

Cars not complete yet so I have not run these, will be while as A few money issues this year has stopped work on the stratos. I thought it would be the better option for me racing the car than the Gaz units. Better damper, more tuneable and Nitron can help with setup and valving.

Pretty pricey mind but worth it as they can transform a cars handling.

Cheers