PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Hawkridge

Guy Mayers
15-08-2023, 19:41
Evening all, some of the more observant may have noticed some minor changes to the Hawk Cars website over the weekend with a bunch of new email addresses appearing there. We've done that as Gerry is currently in hospital and recuperating whilst giving all the nurses a dose of his attitude! We're not sure when he'll be discharged yet so, in the meantime, I'm dealing with Stratos enquiries and Gren Cunningham is dealing with Cobra questions.

There are a few kits being made right now and new chassis/bodies are in the production process. All will be going out on schedule over the coming weeks.

Gren and I are also spending some time down in Frant to help Gerry make sure everything runs the way he wants it to. If anyone needs to get in touch please use the email addresses on the Hawk Cars page.

Cheers
Guy

Guy Mayers
16-08-2023, 09:27
If anyone wishes to send a get well card he's on Ward 10, Room 18 of Pembury Hospital near Tunbridge Wells. Alternatively, send them to Oakdene and they'll get to him.

Guy

john
16-08-2023, 09:31
Get well soon Gerry.
Well done for stepping up to the plate Guy. Retirement has its benefits sometimes doesn't it?!

Stableblock
16-08-2023, 09:57
Yes, get well soon Gerry. Thanks Guy for letting us know and for helping out.

Normb666
16-08-2023, 11:27
Hope Gerry makes a full recovery. And well done to Guy and Gren for stepping up and keeping the business going. Some on here might be old enough to remember a medical soap series back in the 60's called Emergency Ward 10.....looks like Gerry will be creating a modern version :)

Guy Mayers
16-08-2023, 11:43
Hope Gerry makes a full recovery. And well done to Guy and Gren for stepping up and keeping the business going. Some on here might be old enough to remember a medical soap series back in the 60's called Emergency Ward 10.....looks like Gerry will be creating a modern version :)

Nobody is that old.... Except

mel lewis
16-08-2023, 13:18
Bit of a shock to find out Gerry was laid up, but very glad to hear he is now making progress.

Well done to the crew for stepping up to keep Hawk Cars running and looking after all of the customers (new and old).

Hoping the club will send something to Gerry to acknowledge he is in our thoughts as I'm sure he would appreciate the gesture

VeloceWhippet
16-08-2023, 14:17
I'm hoping for a speedy recovery Gerry!

westonTB
17-08-2023, 22:50
Called in to see Gerry yesterday & he looked well (all things considered) , told him to get very well, very soon... we need him!!!

Mel is right, how can we send him a giant Stratos & Cobra picture to place at the end of his bed?!

Guy Mayers
18-08-2023, 21:56
I have found the pictures Gerry had on the HUGE stands at Stoneleigh a few years ago. I'm thinking curtains...

Normb666
19-08-2023, 19:39
Bloody L Guy, don't say "curtains" for Gerry....!

mel lewis
31-08-2023, 12:49
Anyone bothered to send anything from the club ???

Normb666
31-08-2023, 14:21
I think we'd need a few more details before we did that....plenty of people from on here go into hospital, but we don't automatically deluge them with flowers, cards or Tamiya Stratos kits.

What would you like us to send him, anyway? If it's best wishes and get well soon, I think enough members have already done that.

Guy Mayers
31-08-2023, 16:18
I saw him last night before I headed for home. He is much improved and has been inundated with cards and visitors over the last few weeks. Whilst he remains weak through lack of movement he is now able to get himself out of bed (under supervision from nurses so he doesn't fall again) his appetite is returning and his speech is back to normal. ie nobody can get a word in edgeways... His memory is not back 100% but it is getting there, just the odd name/place he struggles with and the events of the evening he fell. It'll come back but we don't expect him back at work for a while yet.

Guy

ProtoTipo
31-08-2023, 16:24
I saw him last night before I headed for home. He is much improved and has been inundated with cards and visitors over the last few weeks. Whilst he remains weak through lack of movement he is now able to get himself out of bed (under supervision from nurses so he doesn't fall again) his appetite is returning and his speech is back to normal. ie nobody can get a word in edgeways... His memory is not back 100% but it is getting there, just the odd name/place he struggles with and the events of the evening he fell. It'll come back but we don't expect him back at work for a while yet.

Guy

That's all great news Guy,
Being in hospital is bewildering at the best of times, so Gerry can be forgiven for being a bit below par.

westonTB
31-08-2023, 17:37
Gerry on 50% memory is still 100% more than most of us! Great news:)

john
31-08-2023, 19:59
Good news Guy. Thanks for the update and no doubt we all hope he continues his recovery in his own time.

mel lewis
08-09-2023, 13:00
I think we'd need a few more details before we did that....plenty of people from on here go into hospital, but we don't automatically deluge them with flowers, cards or Tamiya Stratos kits.

What would you like us to send him, anyway? If it's best wishes and get well soon, I think enough members have already done that.

Trouble is Norm not everyone put their hand in their pocket to start this club up ????

Or has this become the LB club now ?

Normb666
08-09-2023, 14:26
Well that's quite true, because most members only joined after 2011 when it was started. And it's probably unreasonable to expect them to go back in time and start paying subs to a club they've not joined yet. Which is just me being humorous, but I genuinely don't understand what you mean....

As for this being the LB club, you know very well that all enthusiasts of the Stratos are welcome here, whichever car they have or even if they've not got one at all - and I'll soon be included in that latter category. If there are more LB owners contributing to the forum than anyone else, that's simply the way things are at the moment, and in the future we may have a sudden glut of posts from Allora fans, who knows?

I reiterate, however, that all here surely wish Gerry the best, and hope he makes a good recovery soon.

Guy Mayers
08-09-2023, 15:41
To update everyone, Gerry continues to make good progress but is still in Pembury hospital. He's able to move about on his own now, with and without a Zimmer for support. The medical team are assessing release to home plans soon. There may be short term help needed to stop him going back to the workshop though! In the meantime I'm trying to help as much as I can and Gren is also around some of the time, John O'Gorman is the man in the area though! I'm back a week on Sunday for a week to supervise the dispatch of two kit and the arrival of two more for next month's deliveries. I don't know how Gerry managed it all.
Guy