PDA

View Full Version : Classic Motor Show, NEC Birmingham 10th - 12th Nov 2023 - Your Help Needed inc Display Cars

Neil63
15-10-2023, 09:30
Morning All
As per Robins early forum topic Stratosec have a stand at this years NEC Classic Motor Show 10th - 12th Nov 2023. This year we will be celebrating 50 years of the first Victory for the Stratos. Robin is working with Chris Jarvis on designing some additional artwork to commemorate this event.
Our stand is opposite the LMC Stand so hopefully we will be jointly marking this anniversary.

Stand Detail: Hall 2 Stand 660 (see attached plans of the NEC and note we have moved from Stand 820).

Help and Support Required
Stratos Cars: Firstly we need 2 cars to display for the duration of the show. Setting up on Weds 8th from 15:30 until Sunday 12th after 17:00
I know a number of you have expressed an interest and probably easier to commit now the show is only a month away. The site is fully secure but I would double check insurance to ensure it covers display events. Most Classic car policies do. Please let me know (and thanks in advance). Weds is a quiet day so easier to get vehicles into the arena.
If you could confirm your interest asap so we can get this part locked down please. Either PM or post directly on here

People :
Weds 8th Robin and myself will be at the arena from 15:30 on Weds to set up the stand (carpet being laid just prior to this) and co-ordinate our show cars. 1 or 2 additional people to support nice to have
Thurs 9th Robin and I will be there from 09:00.This is still a set up day but much busier with other exhibitors so we really don't want cars arriving on the stand on this day. Again couple of extra people would be appreciated.
Fri 10th: Doors open 10:00 - 18:00. I am currently on my own so all help appreciated throughout the day from 09:30
Sat 11th:Doors Open 09:00 - 18:00. I am currently on my own so all help appreciated throughout the day from 08:30. If possible the last couple of hours would be a bonus as I have a 50th to attend but no issues if not
Sun12th: Doors Open 09:00 - 17:00. Again all help appreciated from 08:30 and until the end to help de mobilise and Marshall the show cars out.

We have a number of wristbands for stand volunteers and those exhibiting their cars each day but they are limited. Your help and support will be greatly appreciated.

All the best
Neil

Basher
16-10-2023, 20:56
Big thankyou to Neil & Robin for arranging and manning this event, I'm offering my services to attend on Saturday and stand guard on the condition there's plenty of tea, I'm bringing a supply of custard creams and chocolate digestives:)
when there gone there gone, so see you there cheers Dave.

Steve65
17-10-2023, 19:41
Hi Neil and Robin, I can support on the Friday with the caveat that my pending eye operation doesn't clash. Looking forward (no pun intended Norm) to helping out as it was a good crack last year.
Cheers Steve

Neil63
18-10-2023, 18:13
Big thankyou to Neil & Robin for arranging and manning this event, I'm offering my services to attend on Saturday and stand guard on the condition there's plenty of tea, I'm bringing a supply of custard creams and chocolate digestives:)
when there gone there gone, so see you there cheers Dave.

Brilliant Thanks Dave. At least we will be drier than Weston Park :cool:

Neil63
18-10-2023, 18:18
Hi Neil and Robin, I can support on the Friday with the caveat that my pending eye operation doesn't clash. Looking forward (no pun intended Norm) to helping out as it was a good crack last year.
Cheers Steve
Cheers Steve. Hope you and Annalisa enjoyed the hols. :)

Neil63
23-10-2023, 18:39
Hi Everyone.
A little over 2 weeks to go and we don’t have any display cars at the moment. Unfortunately a couple that had expressed interest have had to pull out for various reasons. Can I ask that if you are able and interested in displaying your car to contact me asap please. Equally if you know of Club Members who maybe interested but are not regular forum users could you PM me.
Fingers Crossed
All the best

hollytree
23-10-2023, 18:46
Neil
I could help on either Friday or Sunday - not Saturday (sorry)
Can't help with car as it is in bits. Painting inner arches, new front damper top mounts being made, new brake pads, etc etc

Neil63
23-10-2023, 19:03
Neil
I could help on either Friday or Sunday - not Saturday (sorry)
Can't help with car as it is in bits. Painting inner arches, new front damper top mounts being made, new brake pads, etc etc
Hi Steve
Nice work going on there. If you can find time on Sunday that would be great as at the moment we have some support on Fri & Sat. Drop me a pm with your availability and I will start adding Stand Support volunteers to this thread.
Thanks Again
Neil

jreacock
23-10-2023, 21:40
There's a very small chance that my car might be with me and available by the time the show starts. The engine and gearbox have been out over the last 6 weeks or so.
The alternator pulley shaft that is screwed into the cam closest to the bulkhead came adrift (the securing roll pin snapped, and the shafts were joined via a right-hand thread - so it unscrewed). Everything had to be stripped to make sure no fragments of the pin were inside. Fortunately, there weren't. While it was all apart though, the synchros were changed and a few other things done, but I believe that it's nearing completion.

It's probably safer to assume that it won't be available - but I will update as and when I know.

Cheers,
Justin.

Neil63
24-10-2023, 09:19
Thanks for the update Justin. Must admit car is looking great and I know the engine issue was unexpected.
Appreciate this year is probably a wish too far but there’s always next year if not. Good luck with everything and keep me posted
Thanks Again
Neil

Neil63
31-10-2023, 10:22
We now have 2 cars for the Stand which is great news. Details to follow. We also have a number of volunteers to help man the stand on various days , a massive Thankyou to those who weren’t quite press ganged into volunteering but did so anyway.

So far I have
Set up Weds 8th & Thurs 9th Robin and myself plus display vehicles arriving Weds

Fri 10th Robin and myself plus Steve Sellers & Phil D?
Sat 11th Myself and Dave Beresford
Sun 12th Myself and Steve Cook

Robin will let me know wristband collection details and these will be posted in the members chat area and I will also PM those listed above.

Hopefully we get plenty of visitors to the stand and you will all be made most welcome.

If anyone else can support on the stand please pm

All the best
Neil

hollytree
31-10-2023, 13:20
Neil
What do I do about car parking? Do I book/pay my own car park ticket or do you issue me one?
If opening is 09:00 on Sunday, should I aim to be with you about 09:00
Regards
Steve

Phubb
31-10-2023, 15:10
You can get cheaper parking by going to the "Resort World" car park which is a quite short walk away from the NEC.
This is from their website.
Parking for two hours is ?3, and 2-12 hours is ?17 but you can validate your ticket on spends of ?20 to park for up to 12 hours for just ?3! Validate parking with a valid receipt at Guest Services or, if closed, at any of our bars or restaurants, or in Cineworld or Hollywood Bowl.
Basically go in and spend ?20 anywhere on food / or anything else and parking is ?3 for 12 hours.

Neil63
31-10-2023, 17:52
Steve
Wristband is entry for show only so you will need to book parking I’m afraid. Cheaper to pre book.

hollytree
31-10-2023, 19:59
Neil
Thanks
No problem, will do
See you next week