PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Cars a chat with Gerry

Griff
18-11-2023, 23:06
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I can't find it Keeping the Lancia Stratos Legacy Alive - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHLTp25lmw) well worth a watch

Griff
05-12-2023, 07:38
and this, Gerry talking about his beginnings Gerry Hawkridge of Hawk Cars, My life in cars from Singapore to the Mini Sprint and Lancia Stratos - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd1RkhO2ANk)

and of course, this from a couple of years ago (1) Hawk Cars stand tour with a Lancia Stratos and Gerry Hawkridge at the National Kit Car Malvern 2023 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iAFhRztbNI)

mel lewis
05-12-2023, 15:35
Thanks for putting this out there Griff, I also forgot how good it is to see and hear Gerrys passion for the Stratos.
GREAT...

hedge
12-12-2023, 12:03
What an absolutely lovely guy he comes across as. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Hedge

Guy Mayers
12-12-2023, 17:02
If you've never met him try to make the opportunity! He's not been well recently but is recovering and on restricted duties.

He's very much a first impressions man though. So, for example, if you rock up on his stand and tell him you're planning on putting a Chevy motor in one of his 289's you'll quickly find out that he'll never sell you a kit. And if you buy one and convert it he won't support you.... and he will remember you. For years. And tell everyone, again and again, how much pleasure he took in telling them to f*** off!

You get a little more leeway with a Stratos though. He just has to like you!

westonTB
12-12-2023, 21:46
It's so good to see Gerry telling it like it is, how he remembers all the parts/cars (list too long to mention) is beyond me, nothing ever over complicated, common sense engineering that I have greatly learnt from, really Petrolicious/Hagerty etc should be making a swanky video the world can view.

That is not to say the 7Spot film is anything other than excellent!

StruanR
21-12-2023, 13:27
If you've never met him try to make the opportunity! He's not been well recently but is recovering and on restricted duties.

He's very much a first impressions man though. So, for example, if you rock up on his stand and tell him you're planning on putting a Chevy motor in one of his 289's you'll quickly find out that he'll never sell you a kit. And if you buy one and convert it he won't support you.... and he will remember you. For years. And tell everyone, again and again, how much pleasure he took in telling them to f*** off!

You get a little more leeway with a Stratos though. He just has to like you!

Of course there are people who will tell you a fake Stratos with an Alfa engine is an abomination!
A Stratos can only have a Dino engine.....
and they only came in LHD....

hollytree
21-12-2023, 18:27
And a steel centre section

westonTB
21-12-2023, 20:47
And a steel centre section

Nah, 26 years with a Beta as my daily... give me GRP any day of the week :rolleyes: