PDA

View Full Version : Merry Xmas Everybody

Normb666
24-12-2023, 12:47
Well it's that time of year again, where everybody thinks they're supposed to be having a wonderful time but aren't really sure they're doing it right (or at all). We're currently homeless and living temporarily at Leah's son's in Blackpool, at least till we can get into the new gaff, so as you can imagine it's all a bit weird for us.....there's only so many times you can drive up and down the prom looking at the illuminations and pretending it's the height of summer minus the crowds :rolleyes:

Whatever, hope you all really ARE having fun, in a Slade-type way, and looking forward to lots of Stratos-related fun and games next year. I'm just looking forward to having our own place! :)

Cheers!

- Chairman Norm

Azzo42
24-12-2023, 12:54
We feel your pain Norm having moved twice this year and the 3 of us crammed into a one bed annex for 3 months. Have fun and see your in 2024.

Longtimefan
24-12-2023, 14:20
Norman, a shame that you haven't been able to complete the move as planned, but under the circumstances don't be tempted to take a trip up the tower, especially after a few 'Wee Drams' and try to see if you can fly.

Have a great Christmas one and all, and I hope that 2024 turns out to be a happy one for you all.

Hon. Sec. Robin T-M

Griff
25-12-2023, 09:14
Merry Christmas everybody, I hope you and yours have a wonderful and peaceful time.

Norm, your missive reminded me......Norman Stanley Fletcher, you are a habitual criminal.... but don't fret too much, it will happen in the New Year, and it'll all be worth while, having moved over the new year two years ago, I know how stressful it is, but it has certainly been worth it subsequently

Guy Mayers
25-12-2023, 12:04
Merry Christmas everyone, especially all our Committee Members and volunteers without whom this club and website would collapse!

All the best for the New Year too!

Guy & Andrea

renmure
25-12-2023, 17:58
Merry Christmas everyone.
We put a sign up in the village offering reindeer steak sandwiches to any homeless waifs and strays.
Seems to be a few of them about.

https://i.imgur.com/1WB1b4I.jpg

Normb666
25-12-2023, 19:31
Bloody L Jim, you've downsized a bit, haven't you!

renmure
25-12-2023, 22:35
Bloody L Jim, you've downsized a bit, haven't you!

Aye. We tried to get into Blackpool as well but nobody would take us in :(

Normb666
26-12-2023, 13:39
Sorry....we got the last available space, in a stable with the donkeys from the beach. Very Christmassy, but then, my parents' names were Mary and Joseph* so there's an air of inevitability about it...

(* - this is actually true)

P.S., love the floating UFO-type vibe of your place ;)

renmure
26-12-2023, 15:20
Sorry....we got the last available space, in a stable with the donkeys from the beach. Very Christmassy, but then, my parents' names were Mary and Joseph* so there's an air of inevitability about it...

(* - this is actually true)

I?ll not make the obvious joke about the fruitless search for 3 wise men and a virgin in Blackpool.

:D

Longtimefan
27-12-2023, 13:42
Guy, on behalf of all the Committee members, thank you for your kind words, and we hope that we will be able to catch up with many members in 2024.

For my part I am so pleased to be a member of what is really a unique and exclusive body of enthusiasts with great cars and great people.

Robin

Stratos Fear
27-12-2023, 14:23
Norm
Hope you and Leah are able to make the move soon - all the best for 2024 to you both .
Pete

Normb666
28-12-2023, 12:04
I?ll not make the obvious joke about the fruitless search for 3 wise men and a virgin in Blackpool.

:D

It's actually the case that such people do arrive in Blackpool, but they're not in that state when they leave :) :) (the men are a lot wiser, and the virgin's walking funny....)

Pete - the move is finally coming together - just after the New Year! Ta for the best wishes!

Stradale493
28-12-2023, 12:30
I'm staying well clear of the Blackpool jokes - mostly for geographic reasons

Guy Mayers
28-12-2023, 15:45
Blackpool - we can see it from the beach, 5 minutes walk from here. The beach. Not Blackpool luckily....

renmure
28-12-2023, 16:17
According to the News it looks like they have illuminated the tower in the old fashioned way today!!

Longtimefan
28-12-2023, 17:07
According to the News it looks like they have illuminated the tower in the old fashioned way today!!

It's all down to Norman, he has been rubbing two sticks together.!!!!

Basher
28-12-2023, 17:56

Oh No.. Its Not turned yellow and blue as it