PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Oxfordshire

Motorsport Minion
13-01-2024, 23:44
Hello Everyone....

Thought I'd introduce myself,

Been interested in cars from a early age, started with a Fischer Price garage, then Hot Wheels, then Revell/Monogram hot rod model kits, then big scale Tamiya F1 model cars

Skipped RC cars to tinker on full scale road cars

First car/only car I've built for myself was a Sylva Phoenix kit car, 185bhp 2ltr NA, 530kg sports car, built with bits from 21 different cars ranging from a classic Mini to a McLaren F1

My car ownership history is a long list of boring slow cars but my working life has been helping to design/engineer a longer list of interesting fast cars

Only cars I've owned and not embarrassed to mention are, my first Porsche, a 1989 930, then I couldn't help myself and bought a 964. Still own both but both sadly in storage.

After +30yrs of doing cars for other people, I've still not grown up and arrived full circle

Currently building my own full scale Fischer Price inspired garage, collecting 1 43 model cars and shopping for Tamiya RC cars

What I really need though, is to build my 2nd and last car for myself. Want it to be good one which is how I've arrived at this, informative little corner of the Internet

I've looked at various cars to build eg GT40, 917, Ultima, 356 Speedster, Type 037, 935 K3, Quattro SWB etc but I keep coming back to a Stratos

Love the styling, love its competion history, love the lightweight design/engineering

Probably most of all, love the idea it was created/built to do one job very well ie win rallys and beat the competition

Looking forward to following some great builds, learning as much possible, contributing where I can and asking plenty of newbie questions