PDA

View Full Version : Panel Location Brackets

ProtoTipo
28-03-2024, 14:38
Wanted:

Any of these: (see photos attached)
Not the twin X1/9 rear panel release levers, I've got those.

ProtoTipo
31-03-2024, 11:01
More photos:

Maybe Gerry has them, or GB. Failing that, I'll have to make some.

Guy Mayers
31-03-2024, 11:26
There was a set of these panel location parts with the kit I sold to Matt Oakley Chris - I don't know if he installed them though? Might be worth a PM? The set didn't include the big circular receivers for the rear bodywork/tub though, I think that's a part that's specific to the round arch Group 4 style though?

I don't know if Gerry stocks the parts for the panel latches and centre pivot lever, worth an email? He might be prompted to get a batch made?
Guy

ProtoTipo
31-03-2024, 11:41
There was a set of these panel location parts with the kit I sold to Matt Oakley Chris - I don't know if he installed them though? Might be worth a PM? The set didn't include the big circular receivers for the rear bodywork/tub though, I think that's a part that's specific to the round arch Group 4 style though?

I don't know if Gerry stocks the parts for the panel latches and centre pivot lever, worth an email? He might be prompted to get a batch made?
Guy

Thanks Guy,
At least I could find out the dimensions from Matt?
It's the round arch type that I'm after, as on my ex Terry Bunn car. The front type are on all four corners of a Stradale.
On OE Stradales there's a little plinth on the back for the rear locating cup. I don't need that though.
I have sent Gerry an email.

ProtoTipo
31-03-2024, 15:08
Guy

Hawk bonnet pin towers too Guy:

Guy Mayers
31-03-2024, 16:06
Don't recall seeing them on the shelves but the stocktake isn't for a few weeks yet!

Guy

moakley
03-04-2024, 09:50
I made a couple of bonnet pin towers just using some threaded bar and connecting nuts which seem to have worked well. On the rear on onside the alignment wasn't great so I got an alloy cone and fitted that on the inner wheel arch and cut a hole in the clam and fitted a steel washer around it and it acts as a locator and pulls the arch into place.

ProtoTipo
03-04-2024, 11:33
Guy Matt,

In the end, Ken Tomblin has sent me details of the bonnet pin brackets on his Hawk. I've copied these:
I'm still going to use the alignment brackets, and obviously the over centre catches. 3 devices in total.