PDA

View Full Version : New 'Stratos' on Top gear

Ginger
01-03-2012, 20:02
Hello All

I know alot of folks here don't have much time for top gear since previous encounters.
However, Ive been reliably informed that the New 'Stratos' will be making an appearance on an upcoming show.
Might be worth a veiwing!!!

Monte76
01-03-2012, 20:56
I wonder what TG will make of it, funnily enough I met Michael Strosek, the owner of the new Strato's at Race Retro last weekend. I didn't realise it was him at first, he was on the Club Lancia Sport stand and trying to take photos of my dashboard through the side windows, it was when I offered to open the door for him so he could take better photos he introduced himself.

Very nice chap and we chatted for quite a while, he asked all sorts of questions about my car, I told him it was fitted with a 24v motor and asked me how much I'd paid, I said the donor engine was about £2000, he seemed a bit confused and explained that 24v motors are usually worth £80,000. I got the feeling he thought mine was genuine so I told him it was fitted with an Alfa engine but it was plain to see as the rear clam was off at the time.

I congratulated him on the new Strato's and thought, like many, that it was a shame it never got the go ahead from Ferrari.

Vince.

fulviafriend
02-03-2012, 00:10
You kept that very quite Vince, you could have introduced us! ;)

Mark.

ProtoTipo
02-03-2012, 11:43
I got the feeling he thought mine was genuine so I told him it was fitted with an Alfa engine but it was plain to see as the rear clam was off at the time.

I imagine that if the penny dropped, he maybe didn't want to show that?
A lot of people would assume that it was a real Stratos, despite the RHD. Parked next to a prepared 037 and other Lancias, I would have thought a sizable percentage of people would have made the same assumption? Nothing on it shouts 'kit car'.

JC will love the new Stratos, especially if he fits into it, like he did with the new GT40 (Ford GT).

mel lewis
02-03-2012, 12:31
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7pMhCkz-ZIxd9EgiUWk_T52V0SQlgFNo9RNu11oriPgh2vl0T

Not sure why he should get confused when he has a real one at home ?

Jelous I'm Not Jelous at all ........he's just a
.............Lucky Ba******************dddddd.

Monte76
02-03-2012, 12:32
I should imagine like most wealthy car types he probably doesn't get his hands dirty :p.

Hi Mark, I think you guys were still a bit worse for wear at the time :), I mentioned the encounter to J-P who wanted a chat with him but you all missed him again when he popped back on the stand in the afternoon.

They certainly don't seem to be afraid to use the new Strato's, I think the last photos I saw of it, it had a rally lamp pod fitted to the bonnet!

Vince.

ProtoTipo
02-03-2012, 16:44
I should imagine like most wealthy car types he probably doesn't get his hands dirty :p.

Yes, that might explain it.

A Marlboro car with scoop and spoilers???

ProtoTipo
02-03-2012, 16:46
A Marlboro car with scoop and spoilers???

and white wheels.

StruanR
02-03-2012, 19:06
I'd make room for it in my garage though...
Struan

mel lewis
02-03-2012, 22:33
I'd make room for it in my garage though...

Now that's being plain greedy