PDA

View Full Version : Would like to view a completed Stratos

BruceB
16-05-2012, 21:12
Wondering if any members with a completed Stratos would be willing to let me have a look around it, I will be in the UK over the coming weekend and either Friday afternoon/evening or anytime Sunday would suit, I am very close to placing a order for a car with Craig and have looked at a few unbuilt or just started cars but never sat in a completed car and would just like to be sure before placing order.
I will be staying in Ely, Cambridge and would travel anything up to 200 miles to view?

ChrisC
17-05-2012, 11:11
I think you will find that none have been completed yet. Development work still ongoing.

BruceB
17-05-2012, 12:55
Thanks Chris, I should have said any of the Stratos variants from the various manufacturers, does not need to be a Lister Bell as I am more concerned about interior space/seating positions and all are mostly similar as far a rollcage/interior space goes as far as I can see. I intend to use the car for tarmac rallying and will need to add additional bars to roll cage etc to get a log book and this would help on positioning etc of bars prior to build/painting of spaceframe. I know they will be all slightly different but have already viewed the main types but all have been in early stages of build so to sit in a completed car would help and it does not need to be a car that was built for rallying.

ProtoTipo
17-05-2012, 13:11
Hi Bruce,

The interior space in a Stratos is critical, as you've already guessed.

The differences between a Hawk and other replicas in the interior space and seating positions is not slight (in Stratos interior space terms).
The LB STR has a horizontal floor in the seat mounting area, and the interior space is greater. Not by a lot, but a significant amount.
Small differences between the interior space of each Stratos replica will add up to a lot.
Sitting in a Hawk will not give you a good idea of the interior space of an LB STR.

STR_Strat
17-05-2012, 14:35
Hi Bruce,

Craig had his green car on display at the show, it has been trimmed and he has the first set of seats. So it may be worth giving him a call. At a guess I'd say you would be about 80 miles away.

Sando
17-05-2012, 14:58
Could do with wearing a helmet when you try one too. Makes a massive difference to headroom / roll cage / interference
it does get tight in there if you are over 5'9" or 10" with helmet on. Seat angle also a factor
Rob

Ps if you come by Nottingham to go see LB you are welcome to see if you fit my Hawk.

BruceB
17-05-2012, 21:00
Thanks I was with Craig when he started and had a look at the first chassis, I was with Craig again on the 30th March this year and he was getting the green car ready but there was no interior/seats at that stage.
I am 5' 10" and medium build and like to have my seat laid back a bit so I think should be Ok for headroom etc.
Rob I would like to take you up on your offer, PM sent.

Guy Mayers
17-05-2012, 23:31
If you're passing through Liverpool over the weekend you're welcome to drop in and see my Hawk and try it for size, it's not running at the moment, half way through a dismantle! But the interior is complete!

Cheers

Guy

StruanR
17-05-2012, 23:45
My cars are always available for viewing, coffee available...!
:rolleyes:
Struan

The Slug
17-05-2012, 23:48
What a welcome group you all are......

turbonutter
18-05-2012, 00:23
I would have offered my car, but its away at the engine wizards for the weekend:)

BruceB
18-05-2012, 14:36
Thanks for all the offers, hope to get to see some over this weekend and the next weekend I am in the Uk.