PDA

View Full Version : back to lurk

SUSIT
19-05-2012, 01:08
Hi guys

been a while but will start lurking, still own my Allora but not seen it in 2 years, lack of garage these days mean its on hold for the time being.

Hope all you old hands are well

Stephen

tipo158
19-05-2012, 03:19
Welcome back from a relative newby. I joined just before the old board ended. I have a Litton, or what was originally built as a Litton. Only the chassis from the first build is part of my car, my kit is a clug of parts thrown together for a US buyer. The car has been a test of my engineering and fabricator skills. The car is on it's way to be completed again, but that is still about 9 months away. I like to think of myself as Scottish, but the last ancestor of mine who lived it Scotland was born in Bothwell in 1725 and left for the Americas just before the American Revolution. I'd like to see pictures of your car if you have any.

mel lewis
19-05-2012, 08:54
Welcome back Lurkio.

Hope to see you out there performing again soon.

SUSIT
19-05-2012, 09:57
Welcome back from a relative newby. I joined just before the old board ended. I have a Litton, or what was originally built as a Litton. Only the chassis from the first build is part of my car, my kit is a clug of parts thrown together for a US buyer. The car has been a test of my engineering and fabricator skills. The car is on it's way to be completed again, but that is still about 9 months away. I like to think of myself as Scottish, but the last ancestor of mine who lived it Scotland was born in Bothwell in 1725 and left for the Americas just before the American Revolution. I'd like to see pictures of your car if you have any.

Hi there tipo
http://www.stratossupersite.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=652&ppuser=90

takes you to the old forum gallery where there is a few pictures of my car

I purchased it as a complete running road going kit in 2002

couple of years later i got hit heavily in the drivers side, following a long wrangle with insurance company (The club provided proof of value that saved my bacon) I started a full conversion to make the car suitable for forest rallying. I then had health problems that stopped me doing a lot of the work myself and its been an uphill battle since for a heap of reasons. The Allora was never the best of kits, the body mould having been taken from a crashed and poorly repaired genuine stratos. that leave the kit with IMHO major body work issues.

Anyway a change in personnal circumstances 3 years ago has left me with no garage so I cant progress the rebuild at present. but sooner or later it will get done its just a matter of realigning my priorities and i needed a break from the scene for a while.

There is a chap who had done what your doing, he might have finished his by now although some kits take 15 years to complete, A chap in Scotland has just sold his unfinished part built Allora, he had spend a lot of time improving the chassis and must be gutted to have to sell. Will be interested to hear whats new on the Stratos Scene, was very surprised Pims sold his in Holland, what a build and what a car.

cheers

Stephen

catswhiskers
19-05-2012, 10:34
Hi Stevie,
Good to hear from you again. I was wondering what you were up to these days. Sorry to hear about your circumstances changing but hopefully you'll be up and running again sometime soon. You've probably noticed that I'm building again, a Hawk this time which is getting close to IVA test time. Just a few issues with the electrics (surprise surprise) and then I should be able to get the paperwork in.
Here's a link to my body & paintwork job.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paramount-Refinishing/138030046289994#!/photo.php?fbid=242376622522002&set=a.240609466032051.53818.138030046289994&type=1&theater
Good to see you back.
Mick

Sando
19-05-2012, 10:48
Stevie !
Hope you are well mate.
Looked through the Monte photos the other day - Great memories
Keep the faith mate....and the car

Robbio

found this from Chatsworth too - the three amigos!

Bernard
19-05-2012, 10:51
Hi Stevie...... glad to know you are back !!....... hope all is well with you and hopefully see you sometime..... Silverstone ??

cheers for now Phil

Bernard
19-05-2012, 10:54
those were the days !2500

Sando
19-05-2012, 10:59
Snap ! .....

SUSIT
19-05-2012, 15:33
Snap ! .....

Hi Bobster & Phil

oh yes those were good days, I came across my monte video the other day, what a hoot, hope your all well, what age Will now?

Would love to get to Silverstone but not sure got the time, My 31/2 year old granddaughter Olivia is car daft and loves going out in the porsche, but she drools after the models of the Stratos, wants one for her birthday. she would wet herself to see a real love version lol.

Just had a shot in Gordon my mates new toy, last of the air cooled 911, jeeze what a car makes my S2 seem like a 1.2 Nova s

going to try build some enthusiasm for getting the Allora done but its a struggle, part of me wants to bin it and start again using the parts. but will try to think it over logically before deciding

cheers guys

Stephen

SUSIT
19-05-2012, 15:40
Thanks Mick

that a nice looking shell, be good to see it when its on the road. Hope Christine is still getting well

cheers

Stephen

ChrisCar6
19-05-2012, 18:04
Hello Stevo!

SUSIT
19-05-2012, 19:40
Hello Stevo!

Hi Chris

Are you still bending and mending?

ChrisCar6
19-05-2012, 20:31
Hi Chris

Are you still bending and mending?

Sums it up really!

Bernard
21-05-2012, 08:12
http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SUSIT http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=6731#post6731)
Hi Chris

Are you still bending and mending?......................................... LOL

john
21-05-2012, 10:28
Hi Stephen, nice to see you back.
So you have still not seen your nice new panels fitted?
Don't want to put a dampener on your return, but make sure you keep an eye on where your car is.
There have been one or two cases lately of cars going "missing". They are valuable you know!

SUSIT
21-05-2012, 17:27
Hi Stephen, nice to see you back.
So you have still not seen your nice new panels fitted?
Don't want to put a dampener on your return, but make sure you keep an eye on where your car is.
There have been one or two cases lately of cars going "missing". They are valuable you know!

Think i have most of the valuable bits of mine stashed else where John - the chassis not worth much being an Allora with a suspect V5!!

I also know where the guy moor's his rather large boat and it is worth a bit of money lol

As for new panels I suspect i may yet need the centre tub, it never ends

Allora#2
21-05-2012, 18:00
Hello Stephen,
nice to see you back!
so i hope one of the Allora come back to street.
you say the chassis is nothing worth its an Allora
i think each Allora is it woth not alone the are only 14 build.
please rebuild it!
Saluti Enzo

SUSIT
21-05-2012, 19:25
Hi Enzo

thanks for the encouragement, perhaps i should send it to you to get rebuild, you always seem to do a very nice rebuild
:)

As you are all too aware without the correct registration values are severely hit. Mine is still a Beta HPE on the registration document, another hurdle to be overcome when it finally is ready for the road.

cheers and keep up the good work

Stephen