View RSS Feed

User Guide to the SEC Blog

This is an attempt at a beginners guide to the Blog section of the forum. I am still learning how this works, so if anyone has any useful tips, or that I have made an error, then please comment and I will update the guide.

The basic idea when you select a blog to view is that you are able to scroll down through and read the posts made by the blog author. The most recent post is at the top. If there are comments on posts then they are not shown unless you choose to view them.

1. Viewing The Blogs

Start by selecting the Blogs Tab

Name:  blog start.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  13.0 KB

This takes you to the Blog section - recent posts, and much like the main forum. As you scroll down you see all the most recent posts from all the blogs.

To view a particular person’s blog in full, once you are in the Blog section, select the Member Blogs.

Name:  member blog.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  21.9 KB

Then choose the blog you would like to read, by clicking on the Title.

Updated 20-11-2013 at 14:43 by NSCORSE

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Making Your Own Blog.

Each forum member is able to make one blog.
    The default name for your blog is your username, as seen here for ducatiman or if you like you can change the title in Blog Settings. In the settings, you can also add a blog description which will appear below the title.

Name:  Names.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  35.9 KB

Each time you create a new post in the blog, it is added to your blog in chronological order – newest at the top.

COMMENTS

When you create a post,

Updated 20-11-2013 at 14:47 by NSCORSE

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Custom Pages for your Blog and other tips..

CUSTOM PAGES

Also on the blog settings page you can create up to 5 custom pages. Once created, these pages can be accessed from tabs at the top of the thread or from a list on the side bar depending on where you choose to place the links. These pages could be used for a car specification page, or a photo gallery, or anything else you can think of.

Name:  custom.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  58.2 KB

SIDEBAR OPTIONS

You can also choose what is displayed on the side bar: ...

Updated 20-11-2013 at 11:18 by turbonutter

Categories
    Uncategorized