Views: 1453
Size:  86.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0499.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0500.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  92.2 KB

Not the best welding, but it will work well enough to run the engine without the turbo, fo rthe first mapping session
    Categories
    Corse Build , Engines
  2. Wiring Harness

Wiring Harness for the engine is now complete & should be with me This week, then I can get on with the chassis connections....
    Name:  ecu.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  52.8 KB
    Name:  harness.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  67.7 KB
    Name:  viber image.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  58.1 KB
    Name:  wiring.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  64.3 KB
    Categories
    Corse Build , Engines , Electrical
  3. Mechanical water pump

As I said before (I think) I will be using a mechanical pump again, so I have the new GTA pump, complete with metal impeller, thought I would check that it fits to be sure it is the right pump, It fits ok, but when fitting the pulley , it dosent line up with the crank pulley.......

Name:  gta pulley 1.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  50.1 KB

Of course this is due to me using a 164 24V crank pulley, as this has the crank trigger wheel, I did think of ordering a 164 pump, but that probably woyldnt fit to ...
    Categories
    Corse Build , Engines
  4. Cooling my Turbo Engine

One of the things that came up in convevrsation was coolant flow which in an ideal world, needs to be in the region of 1L/min/kw to stop localised boiling - well as i Have over 350Kw it is doubtfull that i will find a pump with 350L/min flow, but my DC pumps are rated max 115l/min.
    The figures I was quoted were of course for an ideal world for a turbo engine, but the basic idea is the higher flow the better. A second problem with the DC pumps is that i was running their controller, so at times ...

Updated 21-11-2013 at 15:35 by turbonutter

Categories
    Corse Build , Engines
  5. Blown Engine - Turbo is OK

On the plus side of things I got to inspect the turbo charger Turbine wheel & that looks to be in good condition, so no worries about running lean like i had with the last car.

Name:  P9020481.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  125.8 KB
    Categories
    Corse Build , Engines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast