View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fuel Tank

Picked up the new fuel tank Today (well most of it). Its just tacked toether to see if it is possible to get it in and out ok, before the final welding.
    It went in easy, so it is now marked for brackets & can be completed once I take it back to ARF tomorrow.

Name:  P5270169.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  103.5 KB
    Categories
    Corse Build
  2. New Pistons

Well Finally Home Again and the new pistons & total seal rings were waiting for me

Name:  New Pistons.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  new pistons 1.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  53.4 KB

Time to box them up and send them to Vibration free to have a little weight removed - As even though they are lower compression they weigh 7grm heavier!

Hopefully Coning the Gudgeon pins will remove enough weight. The reason for having the pistons matched to the weight of the old ones is to avoid having ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. LHD Steering Brackets Welded in Place

Manufactured an identical set of Steering Column and Support brackets which have now been welded in place for the LHD Option.

Name:  IMG_3869 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3876 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3871 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  61.9 KB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers

John (strat24V) has been kind enough to lend me his exhaust headers to have a look at the initial installation on my engine to see what room and space is available. I will be using the same fabricator for the exhaust system.

Name:  IMG_2165 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2168 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  103.7 KB

A couple of obvious items to make sure that are installed before the manufacture of the exhaust system is the oil filter and also the rear anti-roll bar.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thermostat Housing Installed

As mentioned at the AGM it was recommended by myself that it would be good if members started using the blogs for the build history - So I will lead by example and now start adding the build record. Any interesting info will remain in the forum threads..................

All the O-rings arrived from Alfa Workshop so these were installed and lightly greased to allow the installation of the thermostat housing. Discovered also that the thread for the thermostat housing is M7, after ...

Updated 08-05-2014 at 00:53 by ducatiman

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast