View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Traction Control

My New ECU has Traction control Built in, so I just need the wheel sensors.

Got some trigger wheels that fit the brake discs at the front and on the CV joints at the rear.

Name:  Traction Control Discs.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  Front Disc TC Wheel.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  59.5 KB

Mocked up the brackets today, just need to convert the alloy patterns to 3mm Stainless...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fuel Tank

Picked up the new fuel tank Today (well most of it). Its just tacked toether to see if it is possible to get it in and out ok, before the final welding.
    It went in easy, so it is now marked for brackets & can be completed once I take it back to ARF tomorrow.

Name:  P5270169.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  103.5 KB
    Categories
    Corse Build
  3. New Pistons

Well Finally Home Again and the new pistons & total seal rings were waiting for me

Name:  New Pistons.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  new pistons 1.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  53.4 KB

Time to box them up and send them to Vibration free to have a little weight removed - As even though they are lower compression they weigh 7grm heavier!

Hopefully Coning the Gudgeon pins will remove enough weight. The reason for having the pistons matched to the weight of the old ones is to avoid having ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. LHD Steering Brackets Welded in Place

Manufactured an identical set of Steering Column and Support brackets which have now been welded in place for the LHD Option.

Name:  IMG_3869 - Modified.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3876 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3871 - Modified.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  61.9 KB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers

John (strat24V) has been kind enough to lend me his exhaust headers to have a look at the initial installation on my engine to see what room and space is available. I will be using the same fabricator for the exhaust system.

Name:  IMG_2165 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2168 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  103.7 KB

A couple of obvious items to make sure that are installed before the manufacture of the exhaust system is the oil filter and also the rear anti-roll bar.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast