View RSS Feed

NS Corse Turbo

Blown Engine - The damage

Rate this Entry
The Reason for the tow truck home from Blyton was a blown head gasket....

Name:  Cylinder 4_7.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  148.1 KBName:  Cylinder 4_3.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  131.9 KB

You can see above the result of detonation - my mistake for not realizing what i was hearing
But ok my hearing shouldnt make the engine blow up should it! Having Had a few discussions regarding the blow up with people with more knowledge than me, i think i now know the cause, which will be addressed during the rebuild.

The pistons were also damaged, so a new set will be required....

Name:  P9060503.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  52.7 KB

The new ones will have a slightly bigget dish than these to ensure the C/R dosent increase when i skim the heads.

Submit "Blown Engine - The damage" to Digg Submit "Blown Engine - The damage" to del.icio.us Submit "Blown Engine - The damage" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blown Engine - The damage" to Google Submit "Blown Engine - The damage" to Twitter Submit "Blown Engine - The damage" to facebook

Categories
Corse Build , Engines

Comments

Neil

Have you thought of purchasing a lighter right foot ??.......... It would be cheaper (but not so much fun)

Phil
    Phil,

This might be one of Ian's test blogs?
    I'm not sure?
    Or maybe not?
    I know nothing !!!
    This is the real thing - Testing is complete - unless you see ians test blog again...

Phil - A lighter right foot wouldnt help - i would just press harder on the lous pedal. My new tuner also suggested maybe less power, but that is not really an option is it..... OK maybe max 550 at the flywheel, just to take the edge off
    Ahh?
    As you were Phil. Neil says it's real.
    So CJ I am not as daft as I always assume I am....... No comments required from anyone else thank you !

the right foot....... Keep pressin' Neil !