View RSS Feed

NS Corse Turbo

New Gear Lever

Rate this Entry
I picked up the new support tower for the Gear lever I made this week from Alloy Racing Fabrications, its made from 3mm alloy so should be strong enough!

Name:  new lever 1.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  115.1 KB
Name:  new lever 2.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  91.6 KB
Name:  New Lever.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  102.5 KB

Just need to finish off the linkage at the stick end, the modification at the box end to reverse the throw has been completed.
Name:  P1070408_resize.JPG
Views: 1168
Size:  131.6 KB
Name:  P1070410_resize.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  58.1 KB

Lets hope it works better than the mr2 stick, as it was quite a lot of work. Once its all sorted and working then its off to the anodizers to turn it all a nice black.

Submit "New Gear Lever" to Digg Submit "New Gear Lever" to del.icio.us Submit "New Gear Lever" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Gear Lever" to Google Submit "New Gear Lever" to Twitter Submit "New Gear Lever" to facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Waouhhhh !!
    well done Neil
    Updated 09-02-2014 at 11:09 by turbonutter (Name correction)
    The mounting bolts in the sides are temporary & will be replaced by some nicer looking ones, Possibly with a couple more at the bottom....
    Some of the machining......

Looks great Neil and thanks for the pics gives me some clues on how to clamp parts down correctly.
    Most of the clamping pictured ok, but you shoud really have a minimum of 2 clamps on everything not like the piece on the rotary table.

Clamping a gearbox as shown below will work, but you need to be extra carefull with the depth of cut and feed rate..... its only held by the alloy plate indicated, with the plate bolted to the box.... Also the milling machine head is nearly off the top of the pillar to get the cutter high enough!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Mine is only a baby compared to yours and I need to strip and rebuild it first the table is about as level as my lawn!