View RSS Feed

ducatiman

Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers

Rate this Entry
John (strat24V) has been kind enough to lend me his exhaust headers to have a look at the initial installation on my engine to see what room and space is available. I will be using the same fabricator for the exhaust system.

Name:  IMG_2165 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2168 - Modified.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  103.7 KB

A couple of obvious items to make sure that are installed before the manufacture of the exhaust system is the oil filter and also the rear anti-roll bar.

Submit "Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers" to Digg Submit "Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers" to del.icio.us Submit "Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers" to Google Submit "Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers" to Twitter Submit "Installation of Borrowed Exhaust Headers" to facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Will you be using a remote oil filter?
    I am trying to avoid doing that as there will already be the dry sump tank and coolers, so could be running out of room....................
    Go Remote, makes filter changes much easier and you only need a sandwich plate on the existing filter mount, takes up very little room. You have the external oil lines already....Think I have a c&r fabrications billet filter mount, cant remember which filter but its half as big again as the Alfa one. The area around the standard alfa position is tight with header pipes, secondary pipes, alternator etc and when you want to switch the filter, you end up with oil all over your sump, not a big problem but bit of a clean up to do.
    Updated 09-05-2014 at 09:08 by strat24v