Thread: Alfa V6 Chrome Intake Runners

Alfa V6 Chrome Intake Runners

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone know which 24v models had the larger chrome intake runners, on the Alfa 166 V6 24v they are approx 44.5mm external diameter, just wondered if these are the largest available off the shelf.

If there are a larger set available from another model are they fully interchangeable and if so which model would they be mounted on?

Cheers,

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.

Re: Alfa V6 Chrome Intake Runners

Vince think you have the larger ones already from a 166. dont know of any bigger than that.
    Early 164 had the two sizes with the higher power models having the 45mm runners
    I have a good spare set of 45mm 24v runners if anyone wants some

Re: Alfa V6 Chrome Intake Runners

Thanks Rob, that confirms what Adie at AH Motorsport told me the other day, he reckons the larger runners were good for a 20BHP increase over the smaller diameter runners.

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.