Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Allora Moulds

SEC Member

Re: Allora Moulds

When I had the moulds, after retrieving them from Belgium where Lionel had sent them, I found that the centre tub mould had a concave roof. I suspect this was because it had had something stored on top of it.
    Now as far as I know Lee Priestland made a couple of sets of bodywork from these moulds after Hugh finished and I also suspect that Dave Watson had a set made after borrowing the moulds from Lee. I think the set that Dave made may have ended up with Simon T when Simon bought his Corse I kit off Dave. Now I was intrigued when I saw Simons centre tub because the roof was NOT concave. This gave me the idea that the mould for the centre tub might actually be flexible and sure enough when I turned the mould upside down on some bags of sand and then put a further couple of bags inside the mould it did indeed regain the "correct" shape over a day or two. Or as good as the Allora/Corse roof ever was anyway.
    So as Craig says with no proper bracing on the mould (and the mould layup being less than ideal if it can flex) it became the luck of the draw what shape roof you got out of the mould. More dependant on how it was stored between uses than anything else.
    These original Allora/Corse moulds did go on to be used again for Napiersports last few kits and this is actually where Susit's centre section came from. Hopefully it's roof shape is ok?
    The moulds are God knows where now. They were on eBay in Yorkshire some time ago and they may have been bought and then returned to the seller as their "ownership" is a little in doubt and definitely not clearly defined from a legal standpoint.
    Sad end to the story really.

Free user

Sorry to drag up an old thread.
    just wondering if anybody would know what/which vin number was the car that was moulded?

SEC Member

I really doubt any specific chassis number could be identified as the source of the moulds.
    Dave Scheldt told me that they bought as many as 3 Stratos tubs from Germany. It could have been any one or more of those which were used to mould from and I sincerely doubt the chassis numbers will have been noted at the time.

Free user

HI, does anyone know which circuit this photo of the Scheldt & Pettet stratos was taken?
    Cheers

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxstratos View Post
    HI, does anyone know which circuit this photo of the Scheldt & Pettet stratos was taken?
    Cheers
    The photo in post 1 is Silverstone.