Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone 2013 (26-28 July)

Free user

Re: Silverstone 2013 (26-28 July)

I'm here but my car is not. I set off this afternoon and within 400 yaards the throttle cable snapped. So, for the first time in five years Im carless.

Gutted as it was probably my last meet as a Stratos owner.

Free user

Left the circuit after the cancelled display laps (very sensible decision I thought) had to stop when the screen misted up (note to self: fit heated screen asap), what a great advert for the heated screen group buy!! and then drove home in BIG FAT RAIN with drops the size of golf balls, car was great but discovered it has no potential as a boat!!! roof scoop is equally effective scooping water as air in these circumstances, and there are a couple of areas around the drivers door seal that require more investigation. If you have the window open and the wipers on the slipstream dumps all the cleared water straight through the gap. Car ran perfectly all the way home. On the A120 at Buntingford fork lightning hit the field about 20 yards from where I was, left a big black scorch mark on the ground about 5 metre circumference, and the static in the air made all my hair stand up!! On a final note really good note, nice to see people in the flesh and catch up, thanks to all involved in organizing a really good day.
    Last edited by Griff; 07-11-2013 at 22:49. Reason: addition

I also left after the cancelled parade as I didn't fancy pitching a tent in the down pour! The rain going north was the worst I have seen had the window open for a while until a car passed as we were negotiating a lake on the M1 and dumped half of the lake through the window had a couple of moments aquaplaning on the A46 888R's come with a warning that they are not good in water - now I know why!
    As I pulled into my local shell garage the engine died- out of fuel- perfet timing, but I now know the main tank holds 43 litres.
    I think somthing got wet on the way back (other than me) as the engine didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders, so deciden not to risk the drive back until further investigation..
    Thanks for organising a great day
    Cheers neil

Everyone lined up ready for the parade - 10mins after this photo there was standing water on the road

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line up.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	5000

After the torrential rain yesterday and spending a night on the trailer mine wasn't happy. It would start and idle no problem but would then die as soon as the throttle was opened. After disconnecting all the electrical plugs and trying to dry everything out it still wasn't happy.
    As suspected the throttle position sensor wasn't registering in the ECU as soon as I re-calibrated it by hooking it up to the laptop, everything is good and it picks up no problem. Will give Emerald a call tomorrow to see if this is a known problem, though I suspect it was water ingress somewhere.
    A big thanks to all those that helped organise the weekend.

Dave

Another great Silverstone Classic and a huge thanks to everyone involved for all their hard work. On the whole I would say we were very lucky with the weather during the day, only the parade lap suffered in the end on the Saturday. If only the previous races hadn't delayed our start I think we would have just missed the down pour!

I think we achived a 19 car turn out on Saturday which looked pretty impressive and I would say the majority of the visitors to the stand thought all the cars were originals.

A few photos from the weekend:

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    We all seem a little busy today, mine a little earlier in illustrious company finishing off the wiring for the heated screen, which is awaiting fitting
    Good to see the Guru´s car out in the sun....

and he doesn't mean mine!!!!!!

We managed to blag a visit from the lovely Pirelli girls which was the highlight of the weekend - well for me it was anyway. All very appropriate of course as I'd just fitted my new Pirelli P7 Corsa's:

The first LB to make it onto the club stand:

Mel making sure everything was shiny and sparkly:

Neil couldn't resit one more tinker (stunning car):

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.