Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello all

Re: Hello all

Were the moulds for this take from this?

The shape of Miura reps. are so far off, it's pointless.

The shape of this is correct, albeit in grp. I've had a quote for one of these bodies.
    'Would have been better with a 308/328 motor?

Free user

Hey all, thanks for replies.
    I am in no way locked into engine choice, I was thinking that way as the engine is very lightweight, I have one, and I have the tuning software for it.
    But definatly not locked into that as a choice.
    Cost effectivness probably pushes an Italian based engine/drivetrain out the window, not many Italian cars on Australian roads, so second hand cars or parts are very expensive, in comparison to say a Japanese supplied driveline.
    The Miura in that article would never be permited to gain registration in Australia, due to the cutting and welding of the floor pan and chassis.

Late Toyota v6 mated with an Mr2 gearbox would be a good choice, more chance of those on your side of the pond. With the LS engine youd be very space limited and probably need to supply an engine/box assembly to Hawk or Listerbell, just to make sure it'd go in. I can assure you it would be very tight or wouldnt fit at all, across the engine bay. If you could find an inline transaxle, you'd have a good chance of the LS fitting in the Listerbell in conventional North/south orientation but not so with the Hawk.

The latest V6 Exige and current Evora have Yota V6 motors.

That is the toyota engine type, think its also fitted in some of the newer rav and Tacomas??

The Toyota 3.5 with an MR2 box is the combination that's being fitted to both an LB & a Corse I both in Australia but completely independently of each other.
    The preferred gearbox is the MR2 turbo as per the one Neil is fitting over here, apparently the Evora box isn't as strong, but was no doubt chosen for the Lotus because its lighter & more in keeping with the Lotus philosophy.
    The Toyota engine is still quite rare in the UK but plentiful in the US & Aus. Woodsport in the UK have done a number of the 3.5 litre conversions into MR2 mk2 cars using engines they imported form the US.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by strat24v View Post
    That is the toyota engine type, think its also fitted in some of the newer rav and Tacomas??
    Hi John,
    I was told by an Evora owner, that the nearest production engine to the one in his car, was from a US spec Camry, but still not exactly the same.