Thread: One of my other Lancias

One of my other Lancias

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020newwheelsa.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	3872

Here is a picture of one of my other Lancias, this one is #20 of 1805 produced for the USA in 1976 and 77, I also own #143, but it is pretty rough, I bought that with the idea to someday build a 037 after the Stratos is finished. If you look at the center caps of the new wheels, you will notice that there is a Lancia badge. I had to make some coil-over front struts to get these wheels to work. Right now the car is pretty close to level, I might lower the front a little later.
    Last edited by tipo158; 02-03-2013 at 01:30.

Re: One of my other Lancias

That's great, I've always loved the Monte/Scorpion. My wife saw her first one today and is in love too.
    Paul.

Sat in a real one, may never wash again!

It's one of the few cars who's lines weren't ruined by federal impact bumpers, think 124 Spider and rubber bumpered MGBs. I never liked the large sidelights on US cars, the red one on the rear flank of the 124 Spider always grated with me and I would have removed them if I'd kept the car long enough that it ever needed paint. By comparison the ones on the Scorpion look pretty unobtrusive.

Guy

Saw a nice racing one yesterday, on M20 Ashford roundabout, on a trailer.
    Don't know where it was going and didn't have camera handy.
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com

SEC Member

Here's some pics of the Scorp I had from '91 to 2011. Dis all the mods and fianlly passed the car onto another. Just had too many projects and too little time and ran out of space. It was a labor of love.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg   4.jpg   3.jpg   2.JPG   1.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    It's one of the few cars who's lines weren't ruined by federal impact bumpers, think 124 Spider and rubber bumpered MGBs. I never liked the large sidelights on US cars, the red one on the rear flank of the 124 Spider always grated with me and I would have removed them if I'd kept the car long enough that it ever needed paint. By comparison the ones on the Scorpion look pretty unobtrusive.

Guy
    Guy, those are not federal impact bumpers, those are aftermarket Monte Carlo type bumpers.

Name:	lights up 20.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	3878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lights down 20.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	3879

Jeff, those are great mods, did you do the turbo setup??

There is one thing that seems to be unique to my car. Rumor has it that it was the display car for the 1976 Vancouver BC Canada Auto Show. The headlights are unique, the European Monte Carlos had fixed retangular headlight, the US models had round lights that flip up, my car has retangular lights that flip up. I have only communicated with one owner of a car older than mine, #17, and his car had the round pop-up lights. My car also has the 1977 butresses with the glass, I have the original ones, solid steel, with a scoripon decal in black on it (I have seen those on other cars). This is the original paint with the exception of a wider black line to resemble a Ferrari Boxer.

A friend of mine here in the local Fiat/Lancia club smashed one of his original rectangular headlights in a wee track day mishap, he had so much trouble getting a replacement (that didn't cost as much as the car itself) he converted to a four headlight setup. Unfortunately they're small hellas and don't look quite right, this is it next to my old VX coupe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC_4172.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	3881

And here's another local car one of the guys in the club races.

Name:	P1000214.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	3882

Name:	P1000215.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	3883
    Last edited by Fingers; 02-03-2013 at 21:39.
    Paul.

Sat in a real one, may never wash again!