Hi,
I've seen a thread on this somewhere, but couldn't find it.

I'm doing a bit of work with an chap in Italy just now.
Over a beer we start talking hobbies and inevitably got onto the Stratos.
He was very excited about it and suggested I drive it over.
I mentioned the worries that I'd read and he went off to investigate..
The finding are as below. I've just pasted verbatim, but you should be able to follow it OK.
I might risk it.
Andrew

Alessandro, I’ve talked to a friend of mine with reference to your Stratos and I understand that things in Italy might be more complicated than in other Countries. His view is that, if your car registration book clearly shows “replica” there should be no problem at all; if not, he’s not sure that, if the police stops you and check the documents, there might be some troubles.
Around mid February a fake Ferrari was confiscated in Italy due a documents check, but it’s known that Ferrari cars are under protection of the law covering patents and industrial trade mark; in this case the logo on the bonnet and tyre wheels were proof of the counterfeiting (but also the body shape too). I’ve found the article in the internet under what in Italian is “ a fake Ferrari confiscated”.
I’ve tried to find if Lancia has similar protections, but have not succeeded.
If I have more information, I’ll be back to you.

Me:- My log book states “HAWK HF3000”, so obviously a replica, but I do use “ Lancia and Strato’s” badges in the original text format, so could be seen as counterfeit unless I remove or cover up?

Alessandro:- My friend has talked with one “carabiniere”, fond of cars (that has found “hawk hf 3000” in the internet); he says that if the car is type-approved in the UK, it can circulate in Italy without problems, with badges too! This comes to my first idea.
His competent judgment is that you can come to Italy with the car as it is.
This information sounds quite reassuring.