Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kit Car show

Re: Kit Car show

Good to see everybody.

Thanks to all for putting on a good club display.

Tom

My poor little car.......surrounded by all those big engines......maybe one day......

It was good to see a good turn out again and meet with everyone......................maybe next year there will be a few more cars in different colour schemes, hopefully.

Like to say thanks to the club management on an excellent job again..................

So who was selling?:

"I can't really explain it (& I don't want to) but there was a Lancia Stratos replica there for sale at £20,000, my wife spent more than that on a Merc 280SLK a couple of years ago. If I'd been given £20,000 & the choice to spend it on the SLK or the Stratos I know which I'd have gone home in. The SLK was a nice car but it was bland to drive - too smooth, too quiet, too many driver aids. You might say that it was reliable compared to the Stratos replica but it wasn't even that because the gearbox went wrong, to the tune of £1500, after less than 35,000 miles & with a full Merc service history. At least with the Stratos, having built it, you'd probably expect it to go wrong & know how/where to start fixing it."

Quote Originally Posted by bosmass View Post
    It would be great for us here in the U.S. to get together.
    We actually did manage to get most of the US membership together a couple of times (back when there were only 3 or 4 of us) in the early 2000's. None of us had cars on the road, but we didn't let that stop us. Jeff Davison, John Lagerquist and I all flew over to the Abingdon show in England in 2001, and I've been back on the far side of the pond for events a few times since.

We'd also gotten together at some of the big FIAT club events. Usually get good turnout at the Carlisle (Pennsylvania) Import, Kit and Replica show in May (East coast and Canada members), or the annual FIAT Freakout (some west coast and international members). No reason we couldn't shoot for one of those, especially since Freakout changes venue every year. It's on Long Island this year, and it's been as far west as Missouri. Not sure if it's ever made it to the left coast, but there are some other events out west I might be pursuaded to attend. I think it's a matter of seeing if they'll let replicas into the show. I know that the Fiat Club will - there are enough classic parts in a Stratos replica to qualify as a FIAT product!

Free user

Hi Scott, I agree the freakout or the carlisle show would lbe cool. If we can get into a show where our donor cars were the main star we could choose from ferrari, pantera, alfa, fiat, lamborghini

Just realised I never got round to uploading my photos from the show, well I can put that right as of now:

"In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.

A few more to add to the collection:

"In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk