Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformer Dino

Transformer Dino

Here's one that I'm sure I was once discussing with Chris C.
    'Remember this one Chris?
    Dino engined replica.
    Interior
    Engine bay.
    Front

I contacted one previous owner of the car in 1996 (Andy Boyle?) who lived in Wales. He said he'd sold the car and never really got it fully sorted. The original owner was Steve Farthing I think. I did meet a chap on more than one occasion, who said he'd done a lot of work on the car at the time it was built, and when the Dino was fitted. His name was Maurice (?) 'Can't remember his surname, but he owns a Voisin C12 and lives in Guernsey.

I can only think of two other Dino engined kit replicas, and the other two both used the same engine. Obviously at different times. (Graham Bates Marlboro car, and Denys Jones Pirelli car.)

Re: Transformer Dino

There was also the Stradale that went to Australia, registered PFY1T in the UK built by Peter Ashdown.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    There was also the Stradale that went to Australia, registered PFY1T in the UK built by Peter Ashdown.

Guy
    I remember you mentioning it now Guy. And I can see why it sticks in your mind?!
    Is that the one that used to be shown part built on the back of some of Gerry's single leaf brochures?

Free user

There was a dino engined car up for sale last year in Australia, seller wanted around £80k (or was it 80k Aus $?) if remember correctly, and the wording in the ad was not that clear as to if it was a replica or not.......

Peter

I bought the car from Andy Boyle. You are quite right it was a really well built car but it had a number of issues with suspension set up and engine. The engine had had a pretty hard life and was in need of a major rebuild, we could never get It to run really well. Unfortunately in those days I didn't have the funds to rebuild it so I ended up selling it via a dealer in London to a guy in Japan and I assume the car is still there. Bizarrely I still have the reg document and I believe it is still registered in my name.
    It is great to see some digital images of it as all I have are some faded photo's. I did have a magazine article that was done when the car was in the channel islands but sadly I have mislaid that.
    Good find Chris, like all these things I wish now that I had kept hold of it.

Quote Originally Posted by peteracs View Post
    There was a dino engined car up for sale last year in Australia, seller wanted around £80k (or was it 80k Aus $?) if remember correctly, and the wording in the ad was not that clear as to if it was a replica or not.......

Peter
    That's the one that Guy has mentioned Peter. I think the long time Australian owner's name was Gerry? This car. The new owner has recently been on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Good find Chris, like all these things I wish now that I had kept hold of it.
    I know the feeling!

I had a look to find the Which Kit magazine article. I sold mine to Dave Watson, because it had some Corse stuff too.

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    That's the one that Guy has mentioned Peter. I think the long time Australian owner's name was Gerry? This car. The new owner has recently been on this forum.
    Hi Chris

Ah, I had not put the two together.

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I did have a magazine article that was done when the car was in the channel islands but sadly I have mislaid that.
    The one I had, was a compilation of previous articles on Stratos and Countach replicas. It was Which Kit Collection from 1992, and the Stratos replicas included were;
    A blue Stradale Hawk by Bob Pilott of Courtenay Garage
    Hawk Alitalia demo car
    Hugh Carson Ferrari engined Corse I
    Yellow Litton Corse S
    The Dino engined Transformer/Hawk already mentioned.

tassie

It would be great if those articles could be posted on this forum - anyone have a copy?