Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello to all Stratos family

Wink Hello to all Stratos family

Hi to all members !
    Et voila !! After 6 months reading as a spy ( lol) all what I was admitted to read am know fully registered ; This because am just coming back from a trip to UK and visiting Craig at Listerbell
    worshop Monday and ...... leaving the deposit to secure a kit !!!!!

Just a few infos for you all to know who am I ; am a retired Fabrication manager of racing cars ( mostly Le mans cars ) and also a former driver in years 73 's to 80's in 2l sport cars , have always built stuff on my own (a part normal work ) kits cars , ultra lights etc etc
    Am actually finishing to built an assemble a track sport car coupé and will have it finished and tested in february / March 1 month left before receiving the Stratos chassis from Craig

The Stratos is my first car I will built with the possibility to drive her on road but mainly the purpose is to run on tracks and do as much as I can show and test week ends with others similar Stratos as I always dreamed in my carreer to participate into UK club life due to the poor similar possibilities there in France

While finishing my actual project and during painting process that take place end of year and until 15th january I will set up the engine I bought with jenvey throttle and the gearbox with
    LSD and other rinforces if needed
    And also sourcing all ancillaries to built an Gr 4 dasch as close as possible to real deal

Hello again to everybody and apologise for all my mistakes in your Language

Re: Hello to all Stratos family

Hi and congratulations on your purchase, having just received my ListerBell, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it.

And your English is very good, infact a lot better than some people I know who speak nothing else!
    Paul.

Sat in a real one, may never wash again!

Thanks
    Yes I think it will be a pleasure to built in this car specially with such nice engineered chassis and so nice and inteligent parts ! Beside the fact I will have some more work due to the mods to apply to match to the car I decided to replicate
    But from What I understood you are too in a "mod" building isn't ? with your engine and gearbox !!!

As I wanted to practice how to insert pics this one pic of my actual project to be painted end of year and then all reassembled in january /february ( it's acompléte récreation started from 0 only blueprints and one bodywork )Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	5580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2609 - Copie.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	5581

You are one smart person!!!!!!

Hi LM mic..... I met you and your wife at Craig's on Monday..... Glad you decided to place an order and join our club.... You will find lots of well informed contributors here....

cheers for now Phil... .aka Bernard

Hello and thanks for your nice comment Ian

HI Phil ; the visit was very pleasant and I already have decided before to come to secure the kit as soon as possible ! Meeting you was nice too and Craig let me sit into some blu car !!( it was my first sitting into rallye car being more used to go into prototypes but coming out is same sport for both (LOL)
    I started from yesterday night to browse into the site and I think the 5 months before receiving my chassis will be just enought to discover all tricks and devlopment that can be done on this new sort of car
    beside the fact Craig's kit is something so well engineered that most solutions are there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only to personalise the own built
    Am now in the process to find all ancillaries to built in a GR4 dash all close as possible to the real

Wow, yeah that's a great looking chassis.

I'm using the standard Stratos kit power plant for mine, Alfa 156 2.5l v6, maybe to be upgraded when the bigger engines are more affordable down here.

Porsche flat six engine for the car you posted above?
    Paul.

Sat in a real one, may never wash again!

Yes it is an RSR version with slide throttle system and mecanical Bosch injection
    Into the LB I will install an 3.2 l GTA with 6 speed gearbox I already found plus Jenvey throttle and ECU speciam management system

Hello to all members
    Finally my actual project is achieved ( just missing the polycarbonate parts to receive soonly from a supllier )
    Car is being loaded to morrow to be shown on the le mans Circuit where the first Club Porsche day of 2014 take place
    Track days and test will start as soon as head light covers and side doors polycarbonate will be on
    Weigth is not so bad ; 660kgs ( considering it's a Replica recreation with uprights and wheels in aluminium and not magnesium , real ones where 630 kgs in the 68's !)

And now I can dedicate myself to the new project STRATOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	6144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0182.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	6145
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	6147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	6148
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0190.jpg  
    Last edited by LM mic; 05-03-2014 at 21:51.